• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Hello everyone

C

Concered1

I'm hear to try to find ways of supporting and helping my son who is hearing voices. I suspected this for some time and he is now acknowledging it. He believes they are from dead people, aliens and internet contacts he has never met in person. He gets very agitated at times and he is reacting to the voices repeatedly throughout every day. Other times he is giggling to what they are telling him but it seems to be a fairly constant state of being at the moment. I'm in my mid 70s and he is in his late 40s. I'm glad he is living in my house so I can be sure he is safe but it does get exhausting at times as he does not believe he needs help. He believes these people are not true humans and that these "psychic attacks" are designed by them out of envy in an attempt to prevent him succeeding in life

00Bluejay7500 (was Scapes1986)

00Bluejay7500 (was Scapes1986)

Hi welcome! Take a look around as there is a hearing voices thread. I hope he finds it helpful. :welcome:

Jam1990

Jam1990

Welcome to the forum. I hope you find some resources and support here.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi concerned1,
Welcome to the forum,
I'm so sorry your son is going thru this, might he go to his GP?
Or you could ask his Gp for support/advice.
Hugs

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
Howdy neighbour (South Yorkshire here), I've been where your son is now.

My voice was trying to convince me it was dead people, aliens, internet contacts I have never met in person and much more in the beginning. I think it's a process we all go through when we have no idea where these voices are coming from.

I went through it without much help the first time around, yes I was hospitalised for 9 days because of it but they never gave me any medication or explained to me what had happened other than calling it psychosis but during my stay my voice went away.

Three months later I had another episode of psychosis and yet again this voice was trying to pass itself off as many things, God or the Devil (I'm not even religious but I considered the possibility all the same), people out in the real world or other spiritual entities like a spirit guide or my higher self.

I got to a point where I decided enough was enough and went back to A&E to ask for medication and crossing my fingers they didn't put me on a ward again. What they did do was arrange for me to see an Early Intervention Team who visited me at home and sorted me out with the medication I so desperately wanted to try. Unfortunately the meds aren't a cure all, yes I was officially out of psychosis but this voice remained and is annoying as ever but for the first time I stop responding to it and have been for just over four years now. I was able to examine my experiences with a clear mind and came to a very specific set of beliefs about what this voice is (some may call me delusional but to me it makes perfect sense and I've told my closest friends and family and they respect my integrity and believe me).

If your son becomes increasingly agitated, a danger to himself or others please call the emergency services, that's what was done for me the first time, an ambulance arrived along with a police car and the two police officers checked to see if I was a threat before the ambulance men took me to a local hospital for an assessment. But other than that some people need to come to the conclusion that they need help all on their own like I did the second time around.

one light

one light

I'm hear to try to find ways of supporting and helping my son who is hearing voices. I suspected this for some time and he is now acknowledging it. He believes they are from dead people, aliens and internet contacts he has never met in person. He gets very agitated at times and he is reacting to the voices repeatedly throughout every day. Other times he is giggling to what they are telling him but it seems to be a fairly constant state of being at the moment. I'm in my mid 70s and he is in his late 40s. I'm glad he is living in my house so I can be sure he is safe but it does get exhausting at times as he does not believe he needs help. He believes these people are not true humans and that these "psychic attacks" are designed by them out of envy in an attempt to prevent him succeeding in life
If they are nice messages could be in contact with his Spirit Guides, but probably not as aliens are mentioned, but still possible, early stages of becoming psychic, possible, but you have to monitor this until he's sure - if at anytime they change and become annoying/distressing/aggressive override voices with in mind or voice 'I am love - I am light' - choose your time when to tell him this and see how it all goes...

one light

one light

Can I ask if he's on medication to ease and mask the voices problem - also how about his alcohol intake and drugs, any much? if so how much alcohol... and drugs y/n...