• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hello Everyone :)

C

Charlie Patterson

Good day everyone, I hope youre all well. I have been struggling with anxiety and depression for a large portion of my life. My first experience with depression was at the age of 12 and I strongly believe it was induced by OCD. I don't have a psychologists diagnosis (which makes me all the more anxious tbh) but I have done thorough research and I've read up on numerous other people's experiences and I completely relate to just about all of them, some of them seem like they took information right out of my head lol

This is a safe space for all of us to share what's going in out heads haha and I think this time I'm going to invoke a sort of escapism where I can start a conversation amongst us all for us to talk about things that make us happy.

I'll start by introducing myself, I am 21 years old and my hobbies include; Running, going for walks in the forest, playing games (specifically on the Ps4), watching movies (big Cinophile if I do say so myself) and TV series. Here are 5 facts additional facts about me:
1.) Along with being a Cinophile, I'm also a huge science enthusiast and a history nerd.
2.) My favorite TV show is The Office USA. Some other shows I love include Vikings, Brooklyn 99, The Mandolorian etc.
3.) I am also a huge animal lover, of all sorts really. I have 3 of my own, them being a Bearded Dragon, an African Fat Tailed Gecko and an Asian Forest Scorpion. I'm a bit of a weirdo I know 😅😂
4.) I also enjoy reading comics and occasionally books.
5.) My favorite games include The Witcher 3, Red Dead Redemption 2, The Last of Us part 1 & 2, The Uncharted series, God Of War all to name a few 😅

If you like me and have anxieties youre not comfortable sharing publicly, don't fret to message me and we can get through this together!
Tell me about you! What are five facts about you that you want to share?

Talina

Talina

Forum Safety Team
Hi Charlie and nice meeting you 😊

I can introduce myself lets see, I’m 2 years older than you, I love movies, books and games. But I’ve put gaming and books on the shelf while I study at uni. Because I forget the time around me. Which would totally set me up for failure at uni.

Five facts:

1) Animal lover here, but I go with the pets that have fur. I own three bunnies with different personalities but they all fit me.

2) I’m totally a food lover and love trying new things, but I’m a picky eater when it come to texture of food. Which become quite a weird combination, but I’m always up for trying new things

3) I’m still waiting for the game beyond the good & evil 2 to come out. It have been a long wait and been following updates and news about it for many years 🙄

4) I love traveling and going to new places but my social phobia restrict me a lot. But I have traveled and done trips.

5) Myself love going to the cinema to watch movies. So I shift between my friend from uni and my little brother to watch the movies.

I had no idea, that I find it so hard coming up things about myself 🤣

T

teddyscots98

Hi! Very lovely to see such a positive thread! I agree we all need to take some time out and remind ourselves of what makes us happy in life.

I am 22 I to have suffered with depression and anxiety from a young age, however I am taking everyday as it comes and improving slowly but surely!!

Five facts about me:

1) I love my son to the ends of the earth he is one and a half and is most certainly the reason as to why I drag myself out of my pit everyday! That beautiful laugh and smiles gives me a massive reminder as to why I am here today:D

2) I am also an animal lover my fav pets are dogs they are so precious and to good for this world!

3) I am a massive fan of crap reality tv e.g gavin and stacey!

4) I love to buy adult colouring books to sit and colour at night as I find it a very relaxing and enjoyable hobbie

5) One of my goals when i'm older is to manage my conditions and work with people with mental health to show people like us there is nothing ever stopping you and to always work for your dreams because life is precious and you only get one:)

Blimey, that was a tricky task haha! However has most certainly made my evening:)

C

Charlie Patterson

Hi Charlie and nice meeting you 😊

I can introduce myself lets see, I’m 2 years older than you, I love movies, books and games. But I’ve put gaming and books on the shelf while I study at uni. Because I forget the time around me. Which would totally set me up for failure at uni.

Five facts:

1) Animal lover here, but I go with the pets that have fur. I own three bunnies with different personalities but they all fit me.

2) I’m totally a food lover and love trying new things, but I’m a picky eater when it come to texture of food. Which become quite a weird combination, but I’m always up for trying new things

3) I’m still waiting for the game beyond the good & evil 2 to come out. It have been a long wait and been following updates and news about it for many years 🙄

4) I love traveling and going to new places but my social phobia restrict me a lot. But I have traveled and done trips.

5) Myself love going to the cinema to watch movies. So I shift between my friend from uni and my little brother to watch the movies.

I had no idea, that I find it so hard coming up things about myself 🤣
Yeah I had some difficulty coming up with facts about myself too lol 😂 makes me question how much I truly know about myself lol 😂 it's lovely meeting you to, it's awesome to come across someone with similar interests haha
I LOVE going to the cinema, it's just so unfortunate no movies are coming out (I wonder what's the cause of that 😒) 😭 but 2021 should be a fantastic year for movies so we have that to look forward to haha
P. S I'd have a dog anyday if I could, but my small astro turf yard won't allow it 😭 but I'd love a husky or a staffie 😍

C

Charlie Patterson

Hi! Very lovely to see such a positive thread! I agree we all need to take some time out and remind ourselves of what makes us happy in life.

I am 22 I to have suffered with depression and anxiety from a young age, however I am taking everyday as it comes and improving slowly but surely!!

Five facts about me:

1) I love my son to the ends of the earth he is one and a half and is most certainly the reason as to why I drag myself out of my pit everyday! That beautiful laugh and smiles gives me a massive reminder as to why I am here today:D

2) I am also an animal lover my fav pets are dogs they are so precious and to good for this world!

3) I am a massive fan of crap reality tv e.g gavin and stacey!

4) I love to buy adult colouring books to sit and colour at night as I find it a very relaxing and enjoyable hobbie

5) One of my goals when i'm older is to manage my conditions and work with people with mental health to show people like us there is nothing ever stopping you and to always work for your dreams because life is precious and you only get one:)

Blimey, that was a tricky task haha! However has most certainly made my evening:)
In a world where positivity is so rare I just want to be part of the minority that makes it last haha!
I agree with you 100% on that second point, human beings certianly don't deserve dogs! 😂 They are too pure and too good for this world indeed!
Your son is very lucky to have a loving parent such as yourself! You're very strong for persevering through it as well, I know myself how painful it can be and I myself just aim to keep my sense of humor and confide in whomever I can when I'm feeling low haha
Thank you for taking the time to read my thread, I had loads of fun reading your reply and I hope you have an awesome day!

Talina

Talina

Forum Safety Team
Yeah I had some difficulty coming up with facts about myself too lol 😂 makes me question how much I truly know about myself lol 😂 it's lovely meeting you to, it's awesome to come across someone with similar interests haha
I LOVE going to the cinema, it's just so unfortunate no movies are coming out (I wonder what's the cause of that 😒) 😭 but 2021 should be a fantastic year for movies so we have that to look forward to haha
P. S I'd have a dog anyday if I could, but my small astro turf yard won't allow it 😭 but I'd love a husky or a staffie 😍
I’ve been to the movies 3 times this year, which truly have been a step down to how often I usually go. But I look forward to 2021 and truly hope it will be good movies ☺

Myself is planing to get a dog next year, but it can be put on the shelf again. Because covid-19 made me quit my part-time job and the uni is quite intense now. So I don’t have time looking for a new job 🙄

But if it goes as planned it will be a shiba inu. Staffies and husky are great dogs, I’ve met truly lovely staffies and the huskies are just all over the place with a lot of personality.

I would love seeing pictures of your pets and I hope you will have a great day 😊

T

teddyscots98

Very correct, I agree! There is such few positive people in the world, especially with everything going on at the moment! It is up to us to carry it on haha!

Oh they are so lovely and thank you for you kind comments it means much more than I am sure you know!

Exactly I agree and they do say you feel better for speaking to people outside of the situation, this forum is a great outlook and it's superb that we can all come together to express our comments/opinions and make each other feel better about things (even life in general).

Life comes in leaps and bounds and it will always get better, there is forever a light at the end of the tunnel.

My pleasure, I hope you have a great day to! Always feel free to give me a message if you are feeling down, I am another person here for you:)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
AntonySilva Introduce Yourself 12
Moody Blues Introduce Yourself 10
M Introduce Yourself 7
S Introduce Yourself 4
A Introduce Yourself 3