• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hello Everyone

Confide

Confide

Hi, my name is John. I have joined this group to get advice and offer support if I can. I had a nervous breakdown in March 2019 after being the sole carer for my elderly parents for the last 10 years and holding down a full time job. I was dismissed from my employer in September 2019 due to my mental health, I was bullied out of the company and was offered no support what's so ever, some go my colleagues I had known for 18 years and stabbed me in the back :-(. I was visiting my mum at the hospital twice a day, as she would only eat with me. I lost my mum in January after being in hospital for 5 months and she was moved to a nursing home, she was only in the home for 3 weeks before she passed away. I became addicted to Diazepam this year and had 2 seizures due to me stopping taking the tablets completely without lowering the dosage gradually. I also spent a weekend in hospital due to hallucinations and wanting to take my own life. I have now stopped taking the diazepam with support from my doctors and having weekly counselling with the aim to return to work. I have trust, memory and concentration issues.

I am currently looking after my dad, who has COPD. My dad and I still haven't got over the death of my mum, I don't think we ever will, its something that we are working on and trying to get on with life, which is easier said than done.

Thank you for allowing me to join.

X

one light

one light

wow you've had the works thrown at you - with all that you've had to deal with, do you know what that does for you - it makes you stronger... You will learn to trust again, and who 'not to trust' you'll be wiser for all that's happened - a new chapter in your life you are entering - missing mum I know how that feels, both my mum and dad are passed now, but with me in 'spirit'... make sure you get some help when you need it with helping dad as you start to look around, to whats next and which direction to take... welcome here, a good base to talk to people...

Confide

Confide

Thank you and sorry for your loss and kind words. Luckily we have very good neighbours, who will go shopping for us as I don't really leave the house unless its urgent, I don't want to put my dad at risk with Covid. I do have a friend of 32 years, she is always there for and me for her. Hopefully I am going to see a friend in Wiltshire for a few days in the new year for a break. I've decided no more office work when I finally go back to work. ill be looking for courier or a driving job to ease me back in to employment.

D

Deleted member 91323

Hello Confide. Welcome to the forum. I am so sorry you lost your mum. You have been through so much. It is good to hear you are getting support from your GP and you are having counselling.

Confide

Confide

Thank you, luckily I have a fantastic doctor, she knew us very well, I probably wouldn’t be her only for her. She doesn’t judge and totally understood about the diazepam and where my head was/is.