• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hello everyone

P

PeaceLily

Hi all, have just joined the forum. I suffered with anxiety and depression as a child and on and off throughout the years but have managed it with low level medication. However, now at a different stage of my life where my children are getting older and moving on to university etc and I sometimes feel I'm not able to handle their anxieties, stresses in the best way and looking for some advice! Hopefully I may be able to offer some advice or an ear to others along the way too.

jajingna

jajingna

Hey, how's it going? Pretty good community here.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
Welcome to the forum.
We do have lots of parents here that I'm sure will help you.
I'm sorry you struggle with anxiety.
Hugs

P

PeaceLily

Thanks @Mayflower7 that's really reassuring. Feel guilty that I've projected some of my anxieties onto my daughter who has also suffered from anxiety. Want to be there for her in a supportive way so trying to deal with my own issues might help.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi peaceLily,
Please don't feel guilty, it's great your trying to deal with your anxiety.
Have you tried any treatments or therapy?
Hugs

P

PeaceLily

I started to see a therapist just two week's before lockdown began which then stopped. Looking back I should have continued with online sessions but I didn't. Now seriously thinking I should start again but thought I would try a safe forum like this too as it's nice to feel you are not alone.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hope you won't feel alone, many of us have mental health difficulties so understand.

JessisMe

JessisMe

Hi Peacelily and welcome to the forums. It’s very brave of you to seek out help and I’m sure you will find some support here. We do have a forum on Anxiety that is very active. You can find different discussion topics and people who experience issues with anxiety here:

We are glad that you are here with us and hope you will enjoy poking around the site and meeting the nice people here. xo, j

Zero One

Zero One

Congratulations on raising successful children and welcome to the forum!💕

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Introduce Yourself 7
J Introduce Yourself 11
K Introduce Yourself 4
LRDNerd98 Introduce Yourself 4
B Introduce Yourself 5