Hello everyone

N

Nickel94

Hello, my name is Nick, and i need some help. I'm in a very dark place right now, and i don't know how to get out. My life has been one big disappointment after another. I have a broken relationship with my mother, and it rips me apart. Everyone i know feels bad for me, and that also rips me apart. I'm always stuck in my head with horrible thoughts, and its destroying me. I've been trying antidepressants, and they only make things worse. I've gotten to the point where i really don't want to live anymore. I couldn't make my family and friends go through the pain of me being gone, but i don't know what else to do. If anyone out there knows how to stop these thoughts in my head, please contact me. I'm desperate to feel normal again.. Thanks

calypso

calypso

Admin
Hiya and :welcome: to the forum. I am sorry you are in such a bad way. I do understand having been there myself in the past (I am diagnosed with bipolar disorder). YOu feel unable to find a way out of that sense of being trapped in your own world of pain.

Have you been to see anyone about how you are feeling? I think you need intervention to help you right now. I know pills aren't the be all and end all, but they do have their place and they can help us to get our heads above the parapet so we can begin to see another way to be. If you are British, you can ask your GP for therapy to be prescribed to you which can help you to find a way through this.

There is an article written onhere to help you - I hope you find it useful
Suicidal Crisis | Mental Health Forum

InfiniteRectangles

InfiniteRectangles

:welcome: to the forum! I am so sorry you're in a dark place right now. For the intrusive thoughts: one thing my therapist taught me to do when I'm having negative or intrusive thoughts is to put them in a little box on a conveyor belt in my mind and watch them slide away. Have the thought, then move on. Don't dwell on it. It's extremely hard, but with practice I think you could do it. Another thing that helps me is distractions. My go-to distraction is music, but there are lots of things you could do to distract yourself from your negative thoughts. I hope you find something that works for you. :hug1: