• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Hello everyone! Here's my story of how I got the voices

C

coffeerox

I forget when but I became a remote viewer some odd amount of time ago. I think last year. I don't want to sit here and explain what remote viewing is but long story short, I was always in awe of other viewers using it for communication and I set about my own way to use it for communication.

I established what I thought was contact with my higher self but instead it was all a ruse. I have no idea what I contacted but it's been feeding me stories and 'coloring' my remote view data ever since then. My remote views became a part of the story and they haven't been accurate since.

I quit using it because the accuracy was suspect and I was getting abuse from what I thought were loving beings. This is when things started to hit the fan so to speak. A month ago, I dropped it altogether and here was the point where I started getting the abuse, and the stories kept spinning up to present day. I got all sorts of stories. I even believed some of them, like if I waited to a certain day, or if I did something, that it would be resolved.

I happened upon a website when this first started happening where the author pointed out something very important that I did not realize until a few days ago, and that's the stories and everything it tells you is all fake. It took until I toppled all of the lies to come to this realization.

Now comes the next phase which is coping and dealing with this newfound problem. I've already put together certain practices such as going for walks, keeping myself occupied, staying positive, and so on. I'm not perfect though and one episode had me fuming. That was last Friday and made me feel horrible.

I still feel horrible but in going through this, I realize that my life had hit rock bottom and I resolve to deal with this. I have new goals now and I need to address them so that my weaknesses cannot be exploited by the garbage again.

Kerome

Kerome

You seem to have things reasonably together... a lot of people who do not manage to maintain a good distance from the ‘voices’ tend to get lost in their stories, believing all kinds of things they are told and that is how delusions come about.

But I’d encourage you to stay grounded and keep doing grounding things such as walks, swimming, light non-serious yoga and so on. That was certainly one of the things that helped me at the time that I had my psychotic break.

You haven’t said how bad your voice hearing is, but if it becomes abusive, loud or continuous medication is an option. A lot of voice hearers are helped by relatively low doses of antipsychotic medication.

C

coffeerox

You seem to have things reasonably together... a lot of people who do not manage to maintain a good distance from the ‘voices’ tend to get lost in their stories, believing all kinds of things they are told and that is how delusions come about.

But I’d encourage you to stay grounded and keep doing grounding things such as walks, swimming, light non-serious yoga and so on. That was certainly one of the things that helped me at the time that I had my psychotic break.
It's sorta together. Unfortunately I don't have swimming but I did start some kind of beginner non-serious Tai Chi. I might try Yoga but I don't want it to interrupt my exercise routine (which is the walking).

You haven’t said how bad your voice hearing is, but if it becomes abusive, loud or continuous medication is an option. A lot of voice hearers are helped by relatively low doses of antipsychotic medication.
Oh yeah. It ranges. Sometimes I get a very quiet stream and sometimes it's loud. It's been abusive. It's like a borderline personality disorder where it's very abusive one moment and then helpful the next. At this point I'd love some medication. Unfortunately I'm self employed and have no health insurance. My next goal is to obtain Medicaid and see what I can do with Doctors and Psychiatrists.

Right now, all I can do is ignore it when I can, focus on conscious mind activities and improving mood as well as positivity.

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
I thought as you did, that I had contacted my higher self, a spirit guide or a negative entity via my crown chakra. Only after I got pass all the lies did I realise he was my 'twin within' and all humans have this second mind that they share a body with.

The remote viewing ability belongs to them and they can choose to take us with them, they can also read our minds and control the body depending on neurotransmitters. Anti-psychotics which lower Dopamine levels take away these abilities so if your twin doesn't pack in these stupid games and values these abilities tell him/her you'll see a doctor for these medications.

Mine constantly begs me to restore his abilities and talk to him as I've been on medication and ignoring him for almost two years now, he's in a living hell for what he has done to me.

F

FeelingBetter100

Hello, like you I also started hearing very abusive voices after I started trying to contact what I thought were loving beings ie I started hearing voices after I started trying to contact my spirit guides/guardian angels. However, eventually the message got through to me that the reason they were so negative is because I had a belief that God was very bad, due to the painful life I had had, and that most people were going to treat me badly. I got rid of these beliefs via a therapy called EFT, and now I still hear voices, but they go away when I'm helping people. And when I do hear them, they now make giggling noises in my ears and tell me to lighten up. I still hear some negative stuff but it hardly bothers me at all. I've typed out in a Word document how I helped myself, and I've cut and pasted it below. I hope that it might help you.

How I am getting rid of my psychosis

*** A note for anyone trying to heal from something other than psychosis – do everything below, but substitute your illness e.g. “anxiety”, every time you read the word “psychosis” below. And where you read “voices” below, substitute “anxiety” or “depression” or “flashbacks” or “pain” – whatever your symptoms are. The good news for non-psychotic people is that you might only have to do EFT to get better. The protocol below is for psychosis because it’s very difficult to heal from, and may require a change in behaviour (as was the case with me) in order to heal from it. You can learn how to heal anxiety, depression, physical pains, trauma, etc using EFT, by reading up on case histories and watching EFT videos on the well known video-sharing website that they probably won’t like me to mention here. ***

Firstly, this is a long post, but I’ve had to make it this way, because everything in here is relevant. Psychosis is not easy to heal from. I’ve made this a long post because I’ve been miserable my whole life, and am only starting to manage to heal and find happiness (I’m in my mid forties now). I also have spirit guides who want me to tell other people how to heal themselves, and so that’s why I’ve provided all the detail. If you don’t believe in God or spirits, just follow points 1-5 anyway, concentrating on forgiveness. You will still get well. I am hoping to eventually turn the info below into a free ebook and put it on Amazon, and then I can just direct people to it. It will be completely free of charge, and I will never profit from it in any way. But I have to write it first.

My diagnosis was initially paranoid psychosis, and later schizoaffective disorder. I tried for years using an alternative therapy called Emotional Freedom Technique (“Tapping”) to rid myself of the psychosis, but it wouldn’t work. It worked temporarily and then it would either stop working, or I would stop tapping. What eventually did work was a combination of EFT, and helping others.

When my psychosis first started, I thought the voices came from inside my head (even though I heard them a couple of inches outside my ears). However, the voices then started telling me things that were going to happen before they happened, and at that point, I realised they weren’t coming from my subconscious, because I’m not psychic. Prior to the psychosis starting, I had been trying to contact spirit guides and angels. I then began to realise the voices – as nasty as they were – were my spirit guides. They were nasty because I believed that people were nasty, and that God was evil (due to the hugely painful life he sent me). Once I started following their guidance and helping others a lot, the EFT began to work again, and, using EFT, I began to get rid of my beliefs that God was evil and that people were vicious. Now my guides tell me nice things to do, but now they tell me on the inside of my head. When I listen to what’s on the inside of my head, they don’t speak through my ears. If I ignore the guidance on the inside of my head, I then hear them through my ears.

If you have nasty, unpleasant voices, it’s because somewhere you have a belief that someone in your life – could be your partner, your sibling, a parent, a friend, one person, lots of people, God, even yourself – is nasty and unpleasant. Use EFT to get rid of this belief, and you will get rid of your voices. This belief, and all the negative emotions that formed it, were all there before the voices ever turned up. The voices only turned up to warn you that you had some very negative emotions present in your subconscious. If you read new age books like “The Secret” or “Conversations with God” or “Ask and it is Given”, you will see why you have voices trying to warn you of negative emotions and negative beliefs.

However, I have to caution that psychosis is a serious disorder, and I would describe it as very difficult to get rid of. I’ve been helping others and doing EFT solidly for two months now, and I am still having voices, but they are much nicer, much quieter, and really, really less frequent. At my worst, I would hear them every five seconds. Now I can go for maybe half an hour without hearing them, then I’ll hear them a bit, then I’ll go for another twenty minutes, etc. Usually when I’m helping people, such as by typing this out, I’ll hardly hear them at all.

I’m also very well versed in EFT, having studied it for many years, and yet I’m still having a struggle getting rid of my psychosis. So for any EFT beginners, getting rid of psychosis will be a big hurdle, but you will succeed if you persist, persist, persist with points 1-5 below. As long as you realise that CONTINUED SYMPTOMS JUST MEANS THAT MORE TAPPING IS NEEDED then you will be ok eventually. Don’t expect an overnight solution. Expect it to take many months. Expect your symptoms to come and go, and come and go, and come and go, and come and go, and come and go. They may also change. But you just persist with 1-5 below, for as long as it takes. So as a general guide to get rid of psychosis:

1) Help others a LOT. If you can’t volunteer somewhere and are housebound, there are many ways to help online. Look for microvolunteering sites, send emails on behalf of Amnesty, and Peta. My voices made me go vegan, but looking on the Peta website, I can see why. My voices also make me deliver leaflets on animal welfare and sweatshops into people’s letterboxes, but again, having done the research, I can now see why they want me to do this. I wasn’t happy doing it in the beginning, but I am now. Helping seems to be VERY important because I could NOT get permanent results with EFT for many years, until I started helping people, animals and the environment a lot.

2) Stick this on your fridge: SYMPTOMS WILL GO UP AND DOWN. VOICES WILL GO AWAY, THEN COME BACK, THEN GO AWAY, THEN COME BACK, THEN GO AWAY, THEN COME BACK, THEN GO AWAY, THEN COME BACK, ETC. CONTINUED VOICES JUST MEANS MORE TAPPING IS REQUIRED. IT WILL TAKE MONTHS AND MONTHS TO HEAL. ONE RULE – PERSIST.

3) Say thank you for everything. Even when – and particularly when – you don’t feel at all grateful, say it anyway. Sit in a room, look around you, and say thanks (inside your head, not out loud). Thank you for my tv, thank you for my carpet, thank you for my wallpaper, thank you for my windows, thank you for my coffee table, thank you for my head, thank you for my skull, thank you for my eyes, that you for my nose, thank you for my feet, thank you for my voices (say this even if you think the exact opposite) , thank you for my white blood cells, thank you for my digestive system, thank you for my breakfast, thank you for the roads, thank you for trains, thank you for the sky, thank you for the moon, thank you for my friend Sally, thank you for [name of your favourite song], thank you for [name of your favourite film, then your next favourite, then your next favourite] etc etc. Just keep thanking, no matter what. When the voices get bad, start a ten minute “thank you” rampage.

4) Meditate to get guidance as to why you have the voices. If you find it difficult to clear your mind, go sit in a park where there are background noises and just listen to the noises, but don’t think thoughts about them. Notice them, but don’t pass any mental comments on them. Find a way of meditation that works for you. It does help you get to the root of your illness.

5) Learn EFT by going to the main EFT sites (I can’t list them here as they don’t like websites being mentioned in this forum, but you can google them – one is linked to Gary Craig, and the other one is a combination of the words EFT and universe). Just learn the basic tapping procedure then read lots of case histories. Then for best results as a beginner, combine EFT with hooponopono (Google it, but it’s just four phrases). Then - very important for a serious disorder such as psychosis – assume that your subconscious believes both of these phrases to be true. I don’t want to heal and I don’t deserve to heal. You may have to do a serious amount of EFT work on both of these issues in order to heal, because I certainly have.

To work on these issues with EFT+Hooponopono, you would basically continuously tap through the main EFT points, whilst tuning in to your problematic issue, and about every 10 seconds you throw in “Sorry, love you, thank you, forgive you.”

So here is a rough idea how to do it. Let’s assume you are working on “I don’t deserve to heal”. In my case, one of the main reasons for this is that as a child, I threw insects into the fire to get rid of them. I felt no guilt at the time, none at all, because I didn’t understand they could feel pain. However, now I have a major amount of guilt about what I did because now I understand they felt a huge amount of pain. EFT revealed that this was one of the main causes of my psychosis. I’m not at all joking about this - turns out I appear to be something of a Buddhist now. Here’s a rough idea of how I dealt with my guilt:

Karate chop “I don’t deserve to heal” Top of head “I don’t deserve to heal” Eyebrow “I’m a bad person” Side of eye “I burnt them alive” Under eye “I burnt them alive” Below nose “I don’t deserve forgiveness” Chin “I’m a bad person” Collarbone “Sorry, love you” Under arm “thank you, forgive you” Wrist “Sorry spiders” Thumb “Sorry spiders” Index Finger “I don’t deserve forgiveness” Middle finger “I don’t deserve forgiveness” Little finger “Sorry, love you” karate chop “Thank you, forgive you” top of head “I don’t deserve forgiveness” eyebrow “Sorry spiders” Side of eye “I’m a bad person” Under eye “I burnt them alive” Below nose “Sorry spiders” Chin “I’m a bad person” ……… etc

And keep going like this, round and round, until you feel a bit better. When you start to feel a bit better, start adding in some positive phrases such as “I do deserve forgiveness” “I didn’t know what I was doing” “I was only a kid and I didn’t understand” And so on and so on. But you will have major blocks to EFT working if you either believe – consciously or subconsciously – that you don’t want to heal, or you don’t deserve to heal. The EFT may work temporarily, but it will keep failing until you get rid of the not wanting to heal and/or not deserving to heal, so work on those first. Also, I’ve been working on the above spider issues for weeks, on and off, and I still have guilt. Getting rid of anything related to psychosis does seem to take a long time. Just keep going until you don’t believe you are a bad person any more.

What you also should be doing is dealing with any emotional trauma that contributes to your psychosis. You will pull this out of your subconscious by repeatedly doing points 1-5 above. Say you have chronic depression about something. Do 5-10 minutes of continuous tapping on “I don’t want to heal”, tapping round and round the points. Then start looking at specific memories that contribute to your illness, and learn how to collapse them by reading EFT case histories. Example – you got mugged. [I’m using abbreviations for the EFT points, just google them if you are interested] KC “he grabbed my collar” TH “came up behind me” EB “Never been so scared” SE “never been so scared” UE “I’ll never forgive him” UN “never forgive him” Ch “sorry, love you” CB “thank you, forgive you” UA “This hatred I have for him” Wr “Can’t stop hating” Th “He had no right” IF “He deserves to suffer” MF “I want him to suffer” LF “he deserves pain” KC “never felt so much fear” TH “Can’t get rid of the fear” EB “Sorry, love you” SE “Thank you, forgive you” UE “I can’t stop hating him” UN “Can’t get rid of the hate” Ch “Why shouldn’t I hate him” CB “He deserves pain” UA “he deserves every ounce of hate I’ve got” …..etc etc keep going and going and going. Learn how to handle “aspects” with EFT by reading case histories, so you can collapse your trauma. But forgiveness is very, very important. If you find you can’t collapse your trauma, tap on “Even though I can’t forgive, it’s ok, I choose to let go” or something similar. For as long as you hold on to anger or hatred, you’ll keep suffering yourself. Read the new age books mentioned above to see why this is.

If at all possible, hire a qualified EFT practitioner. Google to find one. You don’t even need one in your area – many will work over the phone. But if you can’t afford one, then just go it alone. You will still heal if you keep helping and tapping.

And I can’t stress the importance of keeping helping others. Basically when I stop helping others, I stop tapping. My subconscious keeps sabotaging me. I want to get well, but still, even after two months, if I stop helping others, I start to think I don’t need the EFT, or it’s not working, or I’ve done enough. No matter what else you do in life, if you want to get well, persist with helping others and persist with using EFT plus hooponopono. I’ve no idea why I stop tapping when I stop helping, but I’ve seen it even over the past couple of days. I was at a wake and funeral, and I didn’t help anyone for a few days, and I just stopped the tapping. I just decided I didn’t need it any more. Now that I’ve started typing this document – ie helping others to heal – I’ve suddenly realised I need to keep tapping.

ONE RULE – PERSIST. Good luck!!

C

coffeerox

I never expected to find people like me, I'm quite touched! I've began my own form of therapy and I found that it worked quite well. It didn't get rid of the voices but it did "file" it down so that it's not quite as severe.

First of all you have to acknowledge aspects of yourself. Especially the most critical areas. For example here's one of mine:

Self-thought:

Light Side:
Use to resolve/process everything

Dark Side:
Social Isolation
Self-contained
Outlet for negativity
Outlet for desires instead of manifesting them
Overthinking things instead of doing them / indecisive
You then have to create a resolution for it. This is another list that serves as an action plan for everything on your 'cons' list.

Next thing you want to do is make a mental note of what and when your 'voice' said something. Generally your voice will be triggered on one of your thoughts so pay attention to what thought triggered it. For example, if I thought about an insult towards someone else and then a dialogue is triggered, then you need to acknowledge/resolve your self-aspect regarding insults. Try to catch all the triggers and resolve them.

You also have to change your belief. For example, I thought that I was being telepathically contacted during this period and that was where the "positive" messages were coming from. I changed the belief that there were no outside help and that I didn't really know where these messages were coming from. So with this change, the instances of messages purportedly coming from ET's & other sources dropped dramatically. So did my belief that the negative messages were coming from some bad ET or spirit. The truth is that you don't really know who/what/where this is coming from.

I have more that I learned and this regards the more 'practical' side of things but I've ran out of time. I'll come back to post the rest. Thank you all for responding and I'm so glad that I found you all.

C

coffeerox

Okay guys onto the next part.

Brain waves:

Beta: Beta brain waves has to do with the conscious mind and this involves anything to do with activity whether you're reading, playing video games, etc.

Beta waves (12-30 Hz) typically dominate our normal waking states of consciousness and occur when attention is directed towards cognitive and other tasks. Beta is a ‘fast’ wave activity that is present when we are alert, attentive, focused, and engaged in problem solving or decision making. Depression and anxiety have also been linked to beta waves because they can lead to "rut-like" thinking patterns.
Overactive beta waves can lead to the following: Anxiety, High Arousal, Stress
Underactive beta waves can lead to the following: ADHD, Depression, Poor Cognition, Fatigue

Alpha: Alpha waves represent your idling or a restful state. This state can be achieved by either mindfulness or meditation. The alpha state also bridges your conscious mind with your subconscious mind and your psychic abilities do come from your subconscious mind.

Underproduction can lead to: Anxiety, Stress, Insomnia, OCD

Alpha wave biofeedback has been shown to be a useful tool for treating anxiety and depression. Because alpha waves are linked with relaxed mental states, an increase in alpha wave activity is the goal of most biofeedback training.
Mindfulness training and meditation tend to produce noticeably more alpha waves without the use of technological machinery.
The Brown researchers hope that teaching people how-to harness the “power to ignore” by creating an alpha brain state through mindfulness will enable anyone who suffers from chronic pain to reduce perceptions of pain and for people who have depression or anxiety to minimize their symptoms.
Mindfulness is the power to ignore and focus on individual thoughts and/or sensory input. This is important because as part of 'hearing voices' you MUST ignore everything that is being perceived by you. At the same time as ignoring the messages, you must focus on sensory inputs provided by the real world, such as sounds, sights, etc. This is what you're doing when you're grounded.

The next part has to do with meditation. Meditation entrains the alpha state and this will be one of your methods of bringing your brain waves to balance.

You will notice that an overproduction of beta waves brings depression, anxiety, and stress. An underproduction of alpha waves brings insomnia. So when you have an overactive beta and underactive alpha, you'll experience anxiety, stress, depression and insomnia. This is exactly what happened to me this past weekend.

I digress. To best utilize meditation and achieve the alpha state, you will want to use binaural beats. Binaural beats that stimulate the alpha state is the best. In my opinion, my favorite one is Monroe Institute's Hemi-Sync Guided Meditation because it helps you get to a deep level very quickly. I do not recommend asking any questions but only to utilize it for the rest state it can take you to.

In addition to mindfulness and meditation, the last one is laughter. Laughter produces brain waves similar to meditation and you know what that means, it helps you achieve alpha state more often when you are not using meditation.

The idea behind all this is to bring both your beta and alpha brain waves to balance. It also reduces the symptoms associated w/ the 'voices' as it can create fear, anxiety, stress, depression and so on so forth. You must stay positive throughout it all.

F

FeelingBetter100

Hey coffeerox, why shouldn't we like you??? The fact that you don't think people in general like you is possibly a major factor in why you have the psychosis.

I'm really glad you have found ways to help yourself. You sound like you are using cognitive therapy of a kind. I totally agree with you about mindfulness and laughter. Staying in the moment is a great way to avoid stress, as is laughing a lot if you can! I've realised I hardly ever laugh and am trying to change that.

Good luck, keep up the good work - you are doing so well.

I

Imm boring

Mine constantly begs me to restore his abilities and talk to him as I've been on medication and ignoring him for almost two years now, he's in a living hell for what he has done to me.[/QUOTE]

What abilities is he talking about?

Last edited:
NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
Welcome to the forums, I hope you're sitting comfortably and have snacks and a drink ready because this won't be short.

Voices are more than just voices, everyone in the world have this twin brother/sister within that they share a body with and these twins have various abilities that we don't have.

First off is an ability to have an out-of-body experience or some call it remote viewing, they can leave the body and go any where they want to in the world as distance is unlimited, I call it Biological Quantum Entanglement which is the ability to copy non-local subatomic particles locally which is very complicated but very cool if you understand it. They can do this alone or take us with them on their trips outside the body.
An extension of this is the ability to see into the past, these subatomic particles that your brain is producing every second of the day can never be destroyed so by following the trail they can rewind time.

Next up are various local abilities within the body. They have access to many of the bodies systems such as the Central Nervous System which allows them to create physical sensations such as pain or pleasure throughout the entire body, they can also control small muscle groups and large muscle groups depending on neurotransmitter levels (Dopamine and Serotonin).

Their access to the Autonomic Nervous System allows them to mess with your breathing and heartbeat, mine used to talk through the vibrations of my heartbeat giving me high and low blood pressure and I'm very glad medication took this ability away.

They can also heal the body using the Parasympathetic Nervous System, they can dissolve tumours like cancer and heal various diseases, I'm not too sure on the extent of this ability as mine never learned how to do it but I have read a few cases where they have healed people.

Another system they can access is the Endocrine System, this system connects all organs and glands so they can stimulate chemical production. Mine mostly used this to increase my levels of Dimethyltryptamine (DMT) produced by the Pineal Gland so I was easily susceptible to his suggestions and manipulation. He also increased production of natural opioids so it felt like I was on amphetamines and cocaine as well as the DMT which is very similar to LSD or magic mushrooms, I was high as a kite on my own chemicals for almost two weeks straight. There's another gland that produces Melatonin which is responsible for tiredness so they can keep you awake or help you fall asleep.
This is a very dangerous system for your twin to go messing around in as they could easily use it to accidentally create toxins within the body.

The Vestibular System controls balance and equilibrium, they can make you feel like your drunk and you're spinning around or the sensation you get when going up or down in a lift, someone recently posted that they were lying in bed and felt like they were on a boat. Thankfully this is a system mine never used much and he was on medication at the time he was trying so his efforts didn't amount to much.

Now I've covered the remote viewing and physical abilities I'll move on to mental abilities.

Most twins are social creatures and they enjoy talking to one another, they do this using brainwaves that we can't perceive without technology, as well as their own communications they can hear our thoughts so this is where psychic abilities come into play so be careful what you think as they can hear it all.
Mine proved this to me during my first episode when I thought I was psychic and asked a family member to think of a shape and I got the shape she was thinking of in all four attempts, I later learned he is the psychic and was influencing my mind to know the answers. They can read minds of anyone within range or they can remote view people and read the mind of anyone in the world, they could arrange times to meet certain people and if they remote view each other at the same time they can talk over any distance.

Next is their ability to influence your mind, they can speak in a way that sounds like your own thoughts so you can never be sure what thoughts are yours or theirs unless on medication which makes it easier to tell. They can also influence your feelings so they can make you feel depressed or anxious and this is where personality and mood disorders originate from, a lot of twins can feel down and suicidal and in turn pass these feelings on to you, mostly due to the fact that they're limited and jealous of our minds and abilities to act in a 3D world, mine in particular has no friends and didn't know how to use his abilities to influence me more and enjoy travelling the world so he decided to use my mind and body as his own personal playground which is how I learned so much about him and why I'll be on medication until he learns how to behave and be trusted.

Another big reason to keep them heavily medicated is their ability to use remote brainwaves, everything I've told you that can be done to you can be done to others in range, they can influence other peoples minds and bodies just as they can do yours. For twins like mine this is one of the worst things, he has no respect for me so I can expect he has even less respect for others, I will either teach him how to use his abilities responsibly or make sure he'll never use them again.

Master these abilities and you're practically a God among men, your twin can influence minds to like you, to make it look like you're psychic, to increase sexual pleasure for yourself and your partner (this is why guru's are sometimes sex gods), to take you any where in the world to see the sights on all seven continents or to heal you and anyone around you and so much more.

This is the greatest and worst thing that ever happened to me.

I also have a post that you can read in the alternate perspectives section if you want a little more information or hear it explained a bit differently, a guide to duality.

C

coffeerox

Welcome to the forums, I hope you're sitting comfortably and have snacks and a drink ready because this won't be short.
I don't like to tell people what to believe or not believe but I would suggest to you to drop these beliefs. I learned from "spirit contact" that it is NOT spirit contact at all. I had no idea what I was talking to. It was NOT my higher self. It was NOT my subconscious. This is not a twin of you. We don't know what this is, or why it affects psychics but it is not good and our true selves would never do this to harm ourselves.

B

Brian77

Hi coffeerox,

I wonder if we might not be dealing with the same kind of situation. I started hearing voices in 2015 after I had (foolishly) experimented with EVP (recording for spirit voices) for just two months........it only took a couple of weeks after I had started recording that I was hearing a lot of stuff on these recordings...and I was in fact communicating with voices that I was hearing on them.........at first....they seemed quite friendly ...or at least harmless.....they always seemed eager and willing to communicate.....I confess...I allowed myself to become mesmerized with curiosity and fascination with what I was experiencing....well....by the end of two months..their friendly nature changed quite a bit....and then I started hearing them outside the recordings.....it kind of escalated for a few weeks....but they became very strong for a few months........same here.......they went real heavy with telling me all these story lines.........messing with my head........I was seriously down the rabbit hole for a while..........but yeah........I caught on eventually that they were full of it.......so over time.......I stopped believing any of it.......I still hear them............but they are weaker now...........mostly I hear the voices at night......my situation is more than voices though......I also get physical sensations.

C

coffeerox

Hi coffeerox,

I wonder if we might not be dealing with the same kind of situation. I started hearing voices in 2015 after I had (foolishly) experimented with EVP (recording for spirit voices) for just two months........it only took a couple of weeks after I had started recording that I was hearing a lot of stuff on these recordings...and I was in fact communicating with voices that I was hearing on them.........at first....they seemed quite friendly ...or at least harmless.....they always seemed eager and willing to communicate.....I confess...I allowed myself to become mesmerized with curiosity and fascination with what I was experiencing....well....by the end of two months..their friendly nature changed quite a bit....and then I started hearing them outside the recordings.....it kind of escalated for a few weeks....but they became very strong for a few months........same here.......they went real heavy with telling me all these story lines.........messing with my head........I was seriously down the rabbit hole for a while..........but yeah........I caught on eventually that they were full of it.......so over time.......I stopped believing any of it.......I still hear them............but they are weaker now...........mostly I hear the voices at night......my situation is more than voices though......I also get physical sensations.
Hi Brian, I just looked up a story on EVP & hearing voices and there's startlingly a lot of similarities. Switch out EVP with my method of "contact" and same thing. The conversations and method of contact are different however the circumstances are the same. Starts out benevolent, then gets malicious and finally once the jig is up, they get into your mind directly.

C

coffeerox

Hi coffeerox,

I wonder if we might not be dealing with the same kind of situation. I started hearing voices in 2015 after I had (foolishly) experimented with EVP (recording for spirit voices) for just two months...
Oh Brian, are you jerseyguy? That's the story that I read. I was wondering how this story panned out. If you are jerseyguy, did you ever go to the psychiatrist and get anti-psychosis medication? That is my current goal at the moment. I'm hoping/praying that this will resolve the problem.

B

Brian77

yeah.......since this all started for me, I've met quite a few others.....that also experienced the same thing......some through EVP, some using Spirit Boxes, a couple from Automatic Writing..a few from meditation......last year I met a young woman who started hearing voices after downloading a EVP App on to her phone that used white noise.............in most of the accounts I've seen.......the communication got real intense....real fast......not like the few voices here and there that investigators catch on those paranormal tv shows.........things went to the next level rather quickly.....it's like all it took was that bit of focusing our senses on communicating
and the barriers to whatever came down