• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Hello everyone - delusions vivid confusing dreams does anyone else get this?

F

Faith7

Hi I'm relatively new to this forum. I've suffered from schizophrenia for a long time now it's been years. There's something going on right now which is confusing me. I keep dreaming the same thing. I keep dreaming Facebook and media are somehow contacting me telepathically like a signal and advertising to me things that relate to me as if they are reading my mind. It's scary and vivid in the dream I know it's a dream but can't tell it from reality at the time it feels so real. It feels like science fiction but at same time I know it's not really real. Do you think it's a type of paranoia thinking someone's following me or is it just a delusion of some kind? Anyway it helps to talk about it.

L

Lab rat

Hi and welcome. I can relate, with the meds, most of the time for the past few weeks I can’t tell if I’m dreaming or awake! Bloody polypharmacy!

F

Faith7

Oh no. That's what I feel like too. I was prescribed promethazine to help with my dreams but I can take them whenever I want to its not necessary to take them every night but I thought I'd try to stop taking them so much to try to sort out what was going on in my dreams myself. I can usually lucid dream. I just wish I wasn't so dependant on the promethazine tablet. I get nightmares if I don't take them. The nightmares are gone at the moment which is good but I'm getting those vivid ones where I'm not sure if I'm dreaming or not. Like I said it's like as if someone is reading my mind and trying to advertise to me things that I'd be interested in like books and things. Maybe I'm looking on Facebook too much everyday haha. Maybe I should just take the promethazine tablet again. I was taking a 25mg tablet every night. I'm not advising other people to take this though always check with your nurse or cpn etc.

F

Faith7

Thanks for the welcome by the way. I hope your dreams improve I know it can be a bit uncomfortable thinking is it really or not.

L

Lab rat

I know it’s only an antihistamine, but promethazine CAN have an odd effect on your sleep (if I remember right, they sell it as a sleep aid) sedatives can have all sorts of odd effects on your dreams. If I go a night without zopiclone then I’m in for nightmares. Be well!!

Donovan Stephenson (was EdEd)

Donovan Stephenson (was EdEd)

Promethazine is also an anti-nausea pill if I remember correctly. :)

F

Faith7

Hi everyone turns out my dreams may be right! A link on the Internet when searching something said. It said that Facebook has technology that can read people's minds and also they can listen into conversations through your phone microphone conversations on phone or in the room conversations with people. If they have access to your mind and camera photos and microphone then I don't wanna think of all the things they could do. Maybe everyone should be careful that's all I'm saying.

F

Faith7

I was also bullied on there once I think it was someone controlling Facebook that almost made me really really ill. They bullied me by targeting things at me I told police at the time but no one believed me at the time.

mandy125

mandy125

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hello Iam sorry you are experiencing this type of paranoia at the moment do you get enough sleep with the promethazine or do your dreams wake you up?
I'm on the maximum dose of promethazine but still have trouble relaxing x

F

Faith7

Nah I'm ok I realise it's Facebook messing with my mind it's true they can spy on you I'm not diluded about it but thanks for your reply. I'm trying to warn people coz Facebook can be bad. It's up to you if you believe me or not. I'm not trying to disturb people just telling you what I've learned

F

Faith7

Hello Iam sorry you are experiencing this type of paranoia at the moment do you get enough sleep with the promethazine or do your dreams wake you up?
I'm on the maximum dose of promethazine but still have trouble relaxing x
I'm sorry to hear you have mental health issues too and can't sleep.

F

Faith7

Perhaps I shouldn't have written it here it may be a bit weird for people to read. I'm sorry I just wanted people to know that in this case there may be truth in my thoughts x

mandy125

mandy125

ACCOUNT CLOSED
i think everyone is entilted to there opinion if you feel that badly about facebook perhaps try to come off of it for a bit. i had too x

A

arty88

Hi I'm relatively new to this forum. I've suffered from schizophrenia for a long time now it's been years. There's something going on right now which is confusing me. I keep dreaming the same thing. I keep dreaming Facebook and media are somehow contacting me telepathically like a signal and advertising to me things that relate to me as if they are reading my mind. It's scary and vivid in the dream I know it's a dream but can't tell it from reality at the time it feels so real. It feels like science fiction but at same time I know it's not really real. Do you think it's a type of paranoia thinking someone's following me or is it just a delusion of some kind? Anyway it helps to talk about it.
Hey,

this is generally what I experienced.

They are split by 'ideas' and 'delusions' of reference.

Ideas of reference = Thinking something is obliquely linked to you in the outside world (e.g. facebook adverts) but knowing it isn't real to think that.

Delusions of reference = Same as above, except you believe in the idea that it is about you.

I had this problem with newspaper adverts, TV (even comedians - thinking they were talking about me) and internet adverts (which weirdly are targetted at you anyway!).

Try to get on the right medication and speak to your doctor openly about this. Getting the right treatment (medically) sorted that problem out for me entirely (with a little psychology / therapy too).

F

Faith7

Hey,

Ideas of reference = Thinking something is obliquely linked to you in the outside world (e.g. facebook adverts) but knowing it isn't real to think that.

Delusions of reference = Same as above, except you believe in the idea that it is about you.

I had this problem with newspaper adverts, TV (even comedians - thinking they were talking about me) and internet adverts (which weirdly are targetted at you anyway!).

Try to get on the right medication and speak to your doctor openly about this. Getting the right treatment (medically) sorted that problem out for me entirely (with a little psychology / therapy too).
Hey,

I really understand what you are saying but I found on the net these articles saying it is true. Also something I was talking about in a private conversation came up as an ad on my phone no doubt about it they couldn't have known in any other way than listening to my conversations on the phone. So I can tell people and doctors they'll only say I'm deluded. I've been on meds for 10 years and I know what I'm thinking is real because I am part recovered from my mental illness.