• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Hello everyone :3 ~ looking to make some friends!

Socialanxietysucks

Socialanxietysucks

Hey everyone :D I'm not sure what to write exactly because I have a very boring life, but I'll tell you a little about myself.

My name is Cody and I'm 21 years old. I really don't have many hobbies or interests. I play a dumb online game called RuneScape most of the time and I have been for about 10 or 11 years now. That's about the only thing I do nowadays since I currently don't have a job and live with my parents. But if you play too then let me know! I'm more than happy to add you on there. :'D

I was diagnosed with avoidant personality disorder a few years ago and I have struggled with severe social anxiety ever since I was about 13 or 14 and I have been extremely shy for as long as I can remember. I personally find it a lot easier to talk to people online or over text rather than in real life. I don't go out much and don't have any friends in real life. All my friends are pretty much on the game RuneScape that I play.

Despite not having any real life friends and barely anyone to ever talk to in real life I still remain optimistic and hope that one day things won't be as bad. :') I try my very best to keep a positive attitude and stay optimistic all the time!

If you can relate at all to anything I said or just want someone to talk to, then don't hesitate to pm me or leave a message and/or if you want I can add you on Kik - I'm more than happy to talk! I really want to make some new friends and if you can relate to me then that's even better :'D. I'm just really boring at times, so I apologize in advance!

Have a great day! :3

D

DARkl_ein

Hi, good morning!

I just signed up for this forum and I can relate. I'm 27 years old and play a lot of Diablo II -- another old action RPG similar to Runescape. :) It's something I've done on and off since I was 14 or so.

Some people my age (or younger) have been married and have kids and property. I've got a one bedroom apartment and old video games.

When I was 21 or 22 or so, I lived at home for a while. In fact, around that time, I spent a whole 7 months or so laying on the floor, depressed, watching AVGN videos over and over again. Yikes. Those days were terrible. Since the middle of December, I've been able to get out on my own and am doing mostly -- MOSTLY -- okay.

Nice to meet you!

calypso

calypso

Admin
Hell there and :welcome: I hope you find people to talk to you. I think we tend to talk just on here not on games, well that I am aware of anyway. Have you ever thought about CBT to help with the anxiety? It might be nice to have some real life friends too. It can be helped if you wish it.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Admin
Hi,
Welcome to the forum, hope you like it here.
Take care

Socialanxietysucks

Socialanxietysucks

Thanks everyone :')

Last edited:
Socialanxietysucks

Socialanxietysucks

Hi, good morning!

I just signed up for this forum and I can relate. I'm 27 years old and play a lot of Diablo II -- another old action RPG similar to Runescape. :) It's something I've done on and off since I was 14 or so.

Some people my age (or younger) have been married and have kids and property. I've got a one bedroom apartment and old video games.

When I was 21 or 22 or so, I lived at home for a while. In fact, around that time, I spent a whole 7 months or so laying on the floor, depressed, watching AVGN videos over and over again. Yikes. Those days were terrible. Since the middle of December, I've been able to get out on my own and am doing mostly -- MOSTLY -- okay.

Nice to meet you!
Hi, good morning and nice to meet you too! Thank you for sharing your story. :') Sounds like we are a lot alike and I have heard of Diablo before, but have never got a chance to play it :( it sounds like a game I would be interested in! It's very good to hear you're doing better now and I really hope things continue getting better for you :') thanks again for sharing. I really love reading other peoples stories! Hope you have a great day :)

Socialanxietysucks

Socialanxietysucks

Hell there and :welcome: I hope you find people to talk to you. I think we tend to talk just on here not on games, well that I am aware of anyway. Have you ever thought about CBT to help with the anxiety? It might be nice to have some real life friends too. It can be helped if you wish it.
Thanks! I have thought about it before. I think it actually would help. I'm going to be trying to go out more often in the future to try and get to know some people and HOPEFULLY make a friend or two. Nice to meet you though and have a great day :)

D

DARkl_ein

Hi, good morning and nice to meet you too! Thank you for sharing your story. :') Sounds like we are a lot alike and I have heard of Diablo before, but have never got a chance to play it :( it sounds like a game I would be interested in! It's very good to hear you're doing better now and I really hope things continue getting better for you :') thanks again for sharing. I really love reading other peoples stories! Hope you have a great day :)
Sure, Diablo II is fun. It's hasn't aged terribly well.

You might like Path of Exile if you have a dedicated graphics card on your PC. It's made by fans of the Diablo series from NZ and completely free to play. You can buy items with real money although they're completely cosmetic -- PoE is not pay to win like several mobile games.

My favorite dungeon crawler / ARPG has to be Rogue for DOS. I love that game. Any computer made in the past 40 years could run it.

Last edited by a moderator:
R_Sxo

R_Sxo

Welcome Cody!

RUNESCAPE WAS, IS, AND WILL ALWAYS BE AMAZING <3

R_Sxo