• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Hello Everyone -2nd Battle of Anxiety

T

theanxiousone

Hello everyone , I'm so happy I found this forum I was on one like this a few years ago and it really helped and the support was great !
Currently I'm gong through my 2nd battle of anxiety as of Aug 20th , 2021 ( I wasn't aware that this could come back like this )
Here is my story , in Aug of 2012 ( yeah I know right ) I was at my sisters house and was sleep I woke up to go the the bathroom and as I was walking up the steps it felt as something had grabbed my heart and took my breath , I was so scared , my sister rushed me to the ER , They checked me out , EKG , bloodwork etc , ( little did I know what was to come ) I wont make this long so I will tell you that I began to go through a ton of things , I was scared to drive , live house at times , I was in the hospital tons of times , had EKGS, Endoscopy , Colonoscopy , Tons on Bloodwork , I literally lived in the ER , seen tons of doctors , tons of testing MRI , test for Lupus , you name it I was tested for it , I lost tons of weight , made tons of doctors bills for myself but they never could find not one thing , million dollar work up , my body did some of the strangest things , I would be in the corner because my chest pains , headaches , fear of losing it , blurred vision , aches , pains etc , I tried different meds for maybe a week and then I would stop because I was afraid of the side affects , then 2013 my child was dx with cancer just when I thought things could not get worst , I had so much to deal with my anxiety was at it worst , eventually I was able to fight through it was very very hard but it went away slowly ........ So now August 2012 I was getting my child ready to leave for college for the junior year ( yes the cancer was beat and a fulltime college student now) I was in Target getting items and I bent down to get toothpaste off the bottom shelf and when i went to lift up a flush feeling ran through my head and my vision was blur and i was on my way passing out , i grabbed the cart and was able to find a seat , the called an ambulance to come get me my body was shaking , heart racing they took me to ER , ran blood work , EKG etc i went home next day kid left for college , my balance was off I could not stand up with out holding on to wall etc , I went to ER they kept me over night , did a full work up , watch my heart , etc , I went home next day , I went to my primary doc he said I needed to see an ENT as he think an inner ear issue , i could barely walk , I saw ENT , had balance test , everything was normal , gave me mecalize for the dizziness , I went to cardiologist, have echo , ekg , etc ( so back in 2014 I had a cardiac cath yes thats how bad I was in pain ) everything all normal except my iron was very low and they said this could be from low iron , so I began iron and seen hematology , From August 20th to now I have had again million dollar work up , been in hospital twice , received another MRI , tons and tons of bloodwork .....
Sorry its so long - I know this has to be my anxiety again and I dont know what to do I have been stuck in the house for 4 months I can only go to whatever is close to home , I work from home so that helps , but I havent been to gym , I went to a store had to leave because I had a panic attack , I have my Ativan as I have never gave that up for the what if , my doc wants me to really try meds this time , last time was a long brutal battle

I just dont know what to do I hate feeling like this , it really mess with your everyday life , I not sure what made it even come back but its not fun

Thanks for listening

Northern Girl

Northern Girl

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

Thank you for sharing some of your story, sounds like it's been a difficult time you've been battling.

Hope here is a support for you.