• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hello Everybody!

G

grifta

Well this has been a difficult path to follow.
I am a recently diagnosed rapid cycling bipolar sufferer, who thought he was just an unstable so and so for years, but after being forced to the doctors by my recently reunited girlfriend. Im a bit worried and nervous about the future but I have been put on Sodium Valproate for the time being (only 200mg bd) so im hoping that my erratic ups and mainly downs settle down to a more stable pattern!
Anyway looking forward to reading around the forum a bit...
Yours nervously(!)
Paul

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
Hiya Paul and welcome to the forum, have a look around and post when and when you feel you want to. We're a friendly bunch and we won't bite...... hard!!

M

moodylittlecow

Hi Paul
Welcome I am a new member also Have had an extremely bad day so sought solice on forum Spent most of the afternoon writing I find it helps even if it seems waffle to others

G

grifta

thank you everybody, what a nice bunch you are :)

A

Ainsworth

hey Paul, im rapid cycle BP (or so they say, could be anything) also take one of the valproate group drugs, though alot higher dose.

hope it works

anyway welcome to the forum :welcome:

T

TheRedStar

Hello and welcome Paul :),

I'm new here myself, and I can also closely associate with your condition - I recently had my diagnosis changed from unipolar depression to cyclothymia (which, from what I can glean, is just a flash name for rapid cycling bipolar), and I'm also going to be starting on Valproate in the next few days.

All the best with everything :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Introduce Yourself 1
C Introduce Yourself 5
W Introduce Yourself 3
T Introduce Yourself 14
N Introduce Yourself 2