• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hello everybody!

A

Arandomperson

I've had some issues since I was 6 or 7. It's hard to describe except that life seemed harder to enjoy overall. Like it had become dry and lost most of its color.

I ended up being diagnosed with Asperger's. It seems to be a go-to diagnosis whenever anything is wrong with a child.

However, I've recently looked into what Asperger's/autism actually is and have found that I relate to none of it. I have no sensory issues and I'm capable of picking up on social cues and reading body language. All my research into personality disorders has instead lead me to believe I was actually beginning to experience schizoid or schizotypal personality disorder. Contrary to popular belief, children can have some personality disorders, but they're typically diagnosed as a neurodevelopmental disorder because of stigma.

Anyhow, I think this forum will be a good place for me to meet others with different conditions, and it'll help me get a better feel for each one to help me make the right choice when the time comes.

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

welcome to the forum
sorry to hear you think you have been misdiagnosed

i would ask for a review with your doctor
you are very welcome here
love Lu xxx

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Introduce Yourself 5
W Introduce Yourself 3
T Introduce Yourself 14
N Introduce Yourself 2