Hello everybody

P

prt90

I had depression since my teenage years I am now 28 yo. I am on medication 1 year now and I feel way better. I also had some interviews that solved somehow some matters. When I was a teenager I was depressed due to feeling inferior lacking confidence having lost some of my hair and being a little shorter than average males. When I became adult, I was depressed with my university I didn't like my school it was depressing I never found anything satisfying about it but didn't want to admit it and attribute it to my hair.I took some meds that teally helped me with my hair but I still hated my school and even years passing by I still remained in my school fearing of change and unemployment in my country. When it was winter of 2012 I failed at a course and fell into depression I couldn't even breathe I had to walk outside to get some air, during the final year of my studies the most difficult course had impact on my phychology I couldn;t wake up each day I didn't want to do anything I was crying. I finally completed my school took my degree and went on military duty.Things were not that bad but I didn't ask help in this stage either. I knew that the problem of my life was my school and nothing else.I finished military duty and started my first job as a degree holder. Everything was indicative that I was not able for that job I hated I did not want to wake up each day to go to work I did not know what to do with my life the job was so stenuous and depressing and I was no fit in there..One day I collapsed emotionally I though I would attempt suicide I would kill myself, so I took a leave and after a month I quit. I even tried a second time the same job in a more demanding environment but yeah at this time I knew I had to change and seek out medical help..So I sought help started my medication quit the second job and gave some time to myself to heal and figure things out. I was 27 years old with no previous working experience in a country that everyday collapses even more so I had to take full responsibility for my mistakes and be able to stand on my own feet financially. I wrote on a paper all the possible job choices I could have started writhing the pros and cons of everything and through eliminating process I chose the best job option for me..and what was that? I studied medicine in greece I hatred it I loved mathematics computers and chemistry and tried twice to work as a general surgery resident doctor..very strenuous and depressing..I started working as a a microbiology resident doctor and loved it and I was good at it and I liked reading about it and moreover I will start my phd and do a master in biostatistics and epidemiology since I always loved mathematics. I now sleep well has zero stress and I am happy eith my life and see light in it.. I also had a ruptured haematoma in brain it was life theratening they found me unconscious in hospital had acute renal and cardiac failure and pneumonia got operated on brain and yeah I survived and I am happy and I lead the life I want..So to everyne out there who does not what to do, in everything there is an alternative solution and seek out immediately medical attention and help.

Last edited by a moderator:
calypso

calypso

Admin
:welcome: to the forum. Sorry you are so low and suffering so much. I am glad you sought out help and received it.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Welcome to the forum