Hello everybody - I'm new here, so I thought I'd share my story....

J

joshsquash

I have been suffering with Generalised Anxiety Disorder, and Depression, for about 10 years. I'm 26 now, and my earliest memory of anxiety is from about 4 when I'd sit crying to my Dad that my Mum wasn't home yet (she used to work until late).

I struggled with school - I was fairly academic but I struggled with the social side that school brings. I left at the age of 18 and from there, had 2 suicide attempts. Both, thankfully, just attempts, and not successes.

I have recently started a new medication - Venlafaxine, and I can honestly say that it has changed my life. I feel the best I've ever felt. I even wake up with a positive mindset; I look forward to going to work, I rarely have a anxiety attack, and I am generally happy with how life is. I still 'worry', but I'm not anxious, and I think it's important to understand the difference between normal worrying and chronic anxiety, having experienced both.

I am looking forward to using the forum to share some of my own stories, and hopefully be able to offer others out there some comfort and compassion, and know that in times when I feel down I can communicate not only with my friends, but with you guys too.

calypso

calypso

Admin
:welcome: to the forum. Venlafaxine suits some people and not others, I am pleased it worked for you.

P

Pollypop

Are you still here with us Josh?
It’s lovely to hear that things have being well for you.

Warrior

Warrior

:welcome: @joshsquash nice to have you with us :grouphug:

Nice to hear the Venlafaxine as got your anxiety stabbled down to a nice level so you can enjoy your life :hug:

P

Pollypop

Hi Josh, how are you feeling now.
Are you still taking Venlefaxine?
You sounded to be doing really well on it.
Do you take any other medication.

It’s lovely to hear when someone has found something
that really suits them.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Introduce Yourself 1
G Introduce Yourself 3
E Introduce Yourself 3
P Introduce Yourself 2
I Introduce Yourself 2