• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Hello darkness my old friend...

O

On Fire

Ok sorry to hear that. If you really are being stalked then you should report it to the police, but if you think it is paranoia then speak to your psychiatrist for a medication review.

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
Be brave PastelKittenX. They say the only thing to fear is fear itself.

If you can summon up the courage to go outside it should (in theory) get easier to do it again and again.

If you can't think of a very good reason why someone would want to stalk you then chances are nobody is.

In my experience no amount of pills can stop paranoia, this battle must be won mentally and won again each and every day.

ht46

ht46

I have been pretty paranoid free for about a week, I've been over sleeping though so if you're asleep you won't get paranoid also after having a good sleep I'm less paranoid. I'm trying to learn how to take better care of myself as in self care so doing things relaxing taking it slow, reading, listening to music and sleeping and I find when I get paranoid I can get calm again faster. I still struggle to leave the house I analyse people and think they analyse me in public.

M

Mariyani

If you think someone's stalking you hide a secret camera! Sleep is for the weaaaak lol jk

S

Snowman12

Do you have a garden area? Try just opening the door and sitting inside (can start further back) and try and get nearer and nearer to the door.

I don't like being in my garden if the neighbours are in theirs in summer but have a dog that likes to be outside so I leave back door open and I sit on the floor in the doorway. Neighbours can't see me over the fence or ones whose windows overlook my back garden and I can still sit there on a bean bag with a drink (or ice lolly) throwing a ball for the dog.

ht46

ht46

Also too much caffeine I find increases paranoia.

P

PastelKittenX

Born in Portugal, living in the UK (Norfolk)
Be brave PastelKittenX. They say the only thing to fear is fear itself.

If you can summon up the courage to go outside it should (in theory) get easier to do it again and again.

If you can't think of a very good reason why someone would want to stalk you then chances are nobody is.

In my experience no amount of pills can stop paranoia, this battle must be won mentally and won again each and every day.
Went on two short walks today, still being followed and it distresses me.

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
Who do you think might be following you and for what reason?

Do you hear people following you, do you see them or is it a feeling like your minds attention is always focused behind you or towards places where people could be hiding?

My voice has a trick he can do, he can focus my minds attention anywhere he wants, like just now he was focusing my minds attention to my feet then sort of like moving up and down throughout my body, but he can also direct my attention to anywhere in the environment too. It's how he tries to get me to do things and notice things, my vaping device is sat on my laptop and he's now directing my focus towards it so I know he wants me to use it, but in shops he does it towards the things he wants me to buy.

My theory is your voice may be directing your attention in very much the same way to places where people could be hiding or just generally behind you when you're out walking and then attempting to ramp up your anxiety levels like mine used to do to me when it wanted me to believe people were outside my house wishing to do me harm when in reality nobody was there.

It worked so much better for my voice when I was unmedicated but now I'm on the anti-psychotics he has a much harder time at manipulating my anxiety levels. I got to the point where I still got the ideas in my head that people were outside waiting for me but I no longer felt the fear and anxiety so I didn't care any more and eventually my voice stopped this behaviour.

I don't know how much sense I'm making but this is what I believe is happening.

S

Snowman12

I have a paranoid alter and they can be triggered sometimes. A few weeks back someone had left a car parked outside my houseI thought it would be gone in a few hours (someone visiting a neighbour maybe) or by the next day , but it was still there.

It made me really paranoid and worse cos it had snowed heavy that day so due to mobility issues I couldn't get up the drive to look at this car could only see the wheels under the bottom of the hedge out front.

The paranoid one was convinced it had been left there to spy on us and it had a camera inside it.

Eventually the snow cleared and I could get out to walk my dog, as I passed it, I relaised it had a flat tyre on the side facing out to the road and was probably why it was stuck there. Later that day it was moved, so spent a week obsessing over who could be spying on me for nothing!

R

RoseThorn

Yes when I had psychosis I had the same thoughts. I drew the curtains and was even afraid of moving in my own flat because I thought they were spying on me. We have adventurous lives.