• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Hello ,auditory hallucinations keeping me up at night can’t get to sleep

calypso

calypso

Admin
Hiya and welcome to the forum. Just find an area that interests you, click on making a thread and off you go. Or reply to someone else's thread. Is there anything I can help you with?

N

natalie

Hi Chloe77,

In answer to the topic question, if this is the case, that you are having problems, of auditory hallucinations keeping you up at night, can't get to sleep, I would very much seriously advise you
to be seen in the first instance via your General Doctor. Now if they can't advise or help you with mental health and your problem, then I would ask to seek a referral, now that could take a while.

I note that youa re in Austrailia, so I am not able to recommend our mental health systems over in London, UK, Britain.

Alternatively, also, try listening to music, late night, that could well help, just be careful you don't fall asleep with the walkman on, turn it off, a bit before you go to sleep.

I wish you well.

I'm Natalie, and I have suffered with internal, in me this is, of heard voices - mental health.

C

Chloe77

Hi 👋 Natalie,thanks for replying back.i have seen Psycologist and psychiatrist and have been diagnosed with schizophrenia and I just wanted to know if anyone else had to deal with auditory hallucinations and if so,apart from medication what was a good coping mechanism?medication doesn’t seem to work on me,abilify,solían &have been on xyprexa(Pryor to now),seraquel,Valium for anxiety but the hallucinations seem to be getting worse.do you hear them also?

Zero One

Zero One

This weekend I had a hallucination that the traffic light turned green and just as I was about to go it changed back to red. Then when I got on the highway I had this hallucination that I was going the wrong way for traffic. When I got home later that night they made this shadow across my driveway look like a person approaching me. When I say they I mean the voices. They are usually just in my mind but last night they were whispering to me and then they erased my memory so I didn't remember what they said. Welcome Chloe77 😊. Before I was medicated I used to have some awful hallucinations that tortured me for weeks and sometimes months and sometimes it was so bad I just wanted to stay inside because I thought going outside would be even worse. Then some years later the voices and hallucinations got extremely intense when I finally started going outside but I had to work and I kept going because I didn't want my son to starve. Now I am mostly normal when going outside and I consider the hallucinations to be few. I have schizoaffective disorder.

K

Kavaris_Valiant_One

Hi 👋 Natalie,thanks for replying back.i have seen Psycologist and psychiatrist and have been diagnosed with schizophrenia and I just wanted to know if anyone else had to deal with auditory hallucinations and if so,apart from medication what was a good coping mechanism?medication doesn’t seem to work on me,abilify,solían &have been on xyprexa(Pryor to now),seraquel,Valium for anxiety but the hallucinations seem to be getting worse.do you hear them also?
I was hearing a double of my moms voice, that wouldnt stop talking. The only way to get it to go away though was for her to stop talking to me for awhile (then the double started to disappear). Another thing i would do, is listen to something with ear buds in, something soft like, meditation music or whatever.

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

Hello Chloe77, welcome to the forum.

C

Chloe77

I was hearing a double of my moms voice, that wouldnt stop talking. The only way to get it to go away though was for her to stop talking to me for awhile (then the double started to disappear). Another thing i would do, is listen to something with ear buds in, something soft like, meditation music or whatever.
As in auditory hallucinations also?i find that headphones 🎧 used to work for me also&reading too,but my medication isn’t working for me at all.does meditation really work?i was thinking of trying to meditate as the voice I hear is that of a young lady and it keeps me up at night.ive been hearing these voices for 4years now&was hospitalised for it once,I had a psychotic breakdown (I thought the voices were real at first)

K

Kavaris_Valiant_One

As in auditory hallucinations also?i find that headphones 🎧 used to work for me also&reading too,but my medication isn’t working for me at all.does meditation really work?i was thinking of trying to meditate as the voice I hear is that of a young lady and it keeps me up at night.ive been hearing these voices for 4years now&was hospitalised for it once,I had a psychotic breakdown (I thought the voices were real at first)
Meditation is a two way road for me... It is able to relax (i do lazy meditation, just sitting back to the wall eyes closed)... Where as, that same relaxation can bring on new levels of consciousness, as its basically a new life-style as well... Which is hard to know how each person is effected by it; i do find it to be helpful with canceling-out voices. Where as, a few years ago i wasnt meditating correctly or something; as perhaps it sortve takes some practice.