• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Hello and a bit about me....

L

LilMissLost

Hello to you all,

Im 28, live with my partner and my 7 year old daughter, i struggled on and off with anxiety as a child, just thought everyone felt like i did and put a brave face on, took up horseriding as a hobby, age 9 which got me through anything life had to throw at me, got my own horse when i was 15 and went through the usual years of growing up.

Looking back now depression was definetly a factor once i was in secondary school and once relationships were thrown into the mix and my parents split up i had some crazy times. I got depression after my horse was put down then had some more crazy fun times, then i got post natal depression after i had my daughter and ever since then looking back, its been an emotional rollercoaster of ecstatic happiness, mood swings and depression and i have lost so many people because i pushed them away!

A few months ago i felt depressed again and went to see my doctor who typed out a prescription for antidepressants, i felt immediately worse, the anxiety returned worse than ever before, after 2 and a half weeks id had enough so went to see a different doctor who changed antids and gave me anxiety pills, 3 weeks later and still feeling much worse i switched to ecstatic happiness, i thought finally they have worked! Had a crazy week getting involved in risky activities, couldnt sleep, then switched back to moody and irritable again, iv just been diagnosed with Bipolar 2 and i feel so alone, its like no one knows what to say to me, family are like... you look better (nope thats just my brave face im putting on again, hiding the madness in my brain, have stopped antids now and dont see doctor til weds for any more medication.) I joined this forum in the hope of finding people who understand and if i can help anyone along the way all good! Thanks for reading and sorry for the essay (y)

M

memyself and b

i understand ya, i have bipolar to , welcome :welcome:

softwhisper

softwhisper

lilmisslost

Hello cherish...
well...seems...
that...
your loss...
as found...
some special like minded...
people...
we all...have similar...traits...
and...
its so lovely...to be able...to converse...
without...
a worry...
of...
how do i look...
or ...
will i be accepted...
its...
a blessing...
to be able...
to choose...
who you...
want to talk...to...
well...
lil...miss...
thank you for...
giving me the opportunity...
to talk...
with you...
im an old miss....tee hee...
with... a long journey...
to the lost...
have a lovely day...sweetness... softwhisper...

L

LilMissLost

Thankyou for the welcomes and lovely replies everybody :)

Hope you find the help you need here aswell Norman, it has definetly helped me already :)

Hello Soft Whisper, you are so right, it makes you realise there are people out there who have similar traits and its so nice to speak without being judged, Thankyou for your lovely reply :)

Hi Me, Myself and B, look forward to talking with you round the forum, and thankyou for the welcome :)

Take care all of you and see you around here soon :grouphug:

B

Blondie

Welcome I'm new to.I can SO relate to people not knowing what to say to you,even on here I think.My daughter is 17 and terminally ill,so you may see why(see her pic on justgiving page).We can only try our best each day to get through life's obstacles and if that involves some help then why not?Have you thought of counselling?You obviously need to talk through your stuff or you wouldn't be here love,just a suggestion.I wish you well xxx:)

L

LilMissLost

Welcome I'm new to.I can SO relate to people not knowing what to say to you,even on here I think.My daughter is 17 and terminally ill,so you may see why(see her pic on justgiving page).We can only try our best each day to get through life's obstacles and if that involves some help then why not?Have you thought of counselling?You obviously need to talk through your stuff or you wouldn't be here love,just a suggestion.I wish you well xxx:)
Thankyou for your reply, i am so sorry to hear about your daughter she is beautiful, i have donated a small amount, would have done more but no idea what state my bank balance is in at the moment! I think you are right and counselling wouldnt be a bad idea! I have been twice before and although i told them the basics i could never tell them everything i thought or did for fear that they would hospitilise me, i have a daughter who depends on me. I also feel extremely guilty as really i have a perfect life really, people who have to go through what you are going through, well you must find it so so hard. Am on my new medication now, feel very jittery and was so tired earlier i went to sleep which i would never usually do, i guess its just trial and error, thankyou for your kind words and all the best xxx

softwhisper

softwhisper

Hello Blondie...

My heart...
goes out to you...
and yours...
much love...
to...
your beautiful child...

I was...
so pleased...
to hear...
lilmiss...
that...
you...
have...
started...
new meds...
like Blondie...
i too feel...
meds are no use whatsoever...
if...
talking...
isnt added...
to...
the healing process...
i hope your wobbly legs...
become...
less...
as you become more accustom...
to your med intake...
i too...
have a beautiful child...
he grew up...
in his early years...
with a mum...
who wasnt quite...
with it...
hes 28 now...
and is a shear delight...
loves to you both in your plight...
softwhisper...

B

Blondie

Thanks for your kind words whisper.Also to LilMisslost for your donation,very much appreciated:D.I had counselling and to was guarded on what I was saying at first,but that went away the more I went.I spent more time crying than actually talking:cry:!I guess though it is about finding a counsellor you can connect with,that is very important.If you don't feel comfortable than you are in your rights to swap.You have to be open to begin the healing process though.I'm sure you are a great mum and she must notice when her mummy is upset some days.Do it for her,for you both and enjoy every moment you have together xxx

L

LilMissLost

Wow you just made me cry, in a good way though, i think you are right about the counselling and im going to speak to my doctor and get something sorted. Its a tough old life isnt it, wish you all the very best Blondie and am defiently going to take your advice! take care and speak soon xxx

B

Blondie

Didn't mean to upset you hun but keep me posted on how you are doing ok,PM if you want:)