• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Hello All

A

AshleymarieIsMe33

Hello everyone. I joined this site today for some clarity. Until May of this year I had a grip on my life. But in May something happen. I was out to dinner and my heart stopped I passed out and when I woke up my life would never be the same. I have been admitted to the hospital 15 times since May had numerous ct scans ( with dye that I am allergic to ) 4 ambulance rides , and been treated the worst I think anyone could be treated in my situation. I am called “ a medical mystery” I get told “ we don’t have an answer. “. I have tried 6 different hospitals 3 walk in snd a primary care. My fiancé drove 90 miles away snd we tried out of state. I feel helpless! My mental state is taking a huge hit. I got told I can’t drive any more because of these episodes. My primary care doctor won’t help with a darn thing so I’m fighting for myself here. I am out of work because I can’t drive I have a child to take care of. I have paid into TDI my entire life of working and I have only been paid 4 weeks and my primary refuses to fill out more forms. Every week is bloodwork or another appointment. The very last experience I had in a hospital they more or less told me I was taking up valuable space ! When I couldn’t walk my legs were giving out as I walked and the night before the admitted me to administer 4 iv bags of potassium because I basically had none. I just feel the worst I have ever felt. Physically , mentally , emotionally. I am a wreck. I am anxious I am angry I am sad I am hurt. Everyone around me is trying their hardest but I can see it’s taking a toll on all of them too. No body knows how to help. I’m 32 with a 2 year old the most precious little girl in the world. I should be working I should be driving I should be out enjoying life. I have spent 4 months going on 5 sitting down or laying down because I never know when sn episode will happen. I’m really lost and just looking for advice. I have tried to get into counseling around here snd due to covid and short staff it’s very limited.
I’m very sorry for the long story but I would like everyone to understand the situation snd maybe offer me some insight. Thank you all so much

Racer

Racer

Hi Ashley, I am not good at offering advice, but i do hope you can get the help you need. I can not imagine dealing with the things you have been through. sending you a hug !

A

AshleymarieIsMe33

Thank you so much for your thoughts and hugs. I really for the first time in my life feel like I have lost my grip on reality. Every night I’m losing sleep worried ! I wake up not knowing what the day will bring. Afraid to eat foods I had before in case now I’m allergic or if something spikes my blood or makes me pass out. It’s so hard to even describe :( I am trying to stay positive but it’s starting to weigh on me. I thank you so much again your support

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

Hello AshleymarieIsMe33, welcome to the forum.

Bod

Bod

Hi and welcome to the forum, you will find it very helpful here as everyone is so caring.