• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hello, All

Jinko

Jinko

Found this forum just yesterday and spent loads of time reading through it so far! Thought I should introduce myself, though I don't tend to be too vocal in forums and the like. I'm 41, female, married (to the most incredibly supportive guy) with no kids, and I live on the East Coast of England. Lots of mental health problems in my family, and I, myself, was an abused child. Diagnosed personality disorder and depression, plus post-traumatic stress, and loads of other bits and pieces. The MH team where I live now are about a gazillion times better than the MH team where I grew up and lived for many years, and I am lucky enough to now have an excellent Care Manager. I am currently on Incapacity Benefit and DLA. I even have a free bus pass - which would be great if I wasn't so terrified of actually using public transport!

Life is very tough at the moment for many reasons, not least of which because my husband is currently in hospital nearly a hundred miles away and I am completely alone night and day with only the Crisis Team to check on me - no friends where I live now. Still, I keep battling on like so many others do.

Hope to meet some good, understanding folks here. Thanks for having me! :)

ms_P

ms_P

Founding Member
Hi Jinko and welcome to the forum. :welcome:

You've found the right place to be for support & understanding.
I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for here.:flowers:

Q

quality factor

Hi Jinko and :welcome:.
This is a good place to talk your problems through etc.

emski

emski

:welcome: to the forum Jinko. I hope you like it here - it's very supportive

Jinko

Jinko

Thank you, everyone, for the warm welcome! :)

I've just had some great news, my husband's finally been discharged from hospital and is on his way home!

Thanks again for welcoming me!

ms_P

ms_P

Founding Member
Wonderful news! You'll be together for the holidays! :)(y)

S

Seethergrrl

Hi Jinko :welcome:
I'm new to this forum too - I only joined yesterday and already I've found that people are warm and understanding.
Hope things are on the up for you! :hug:

D

Dollit

Welcome to the forum and hope you find what you're looking for here

W

woosy

Hi Jinko

Like yourself Iv just joined, I am married, aged 43 and no kids and I live in the northeast. I would like to say hello and Im so pleased your husband is home for christmas:hug:

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
Hello Jinko and welcome to the forum. As you're probably finding out there are loads of understanding people here - I've found a big chunk of my support team here and have grown addicted to the place (in a very good way!).

Take care,
Honey, xx

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Introduce Yourself 2
L Introduce Yourself 4
M Introduce Yourself 6
A Introduce Yourself 8
Magenta Pink Introduce Yourself 16