Hello all

A

albagobragh

Hi,
I've been diagnosed with persistent delusional disorder although unsurprisingly I don't agree with this diagnosis :). I've been admitted to a psychiatric ward 4 times now, the first time 4 and a half years ago. I'm currently on a CTO and (unwillingly but under the terms of this) take a depot injection of aripiprazole once monthly. I have a wife, one child, and work full time.

NWiddi

NWiddi

Welcome to the forums, I'm on 10mg Aripiprazole and 4mg Risperidone for psychosis.

What do you believe that the doctors think is delusional? I have many beliefs about hearing voices I guess they'd label me the same as you.

A

albagobragh

Hi NWiddi,
I've been on Risperidone (and Olanzapine) previously although not at the same time.

I've got persecutory beliefs. Basically feel that I've been hypnotised (both voluntarily and involuntarily) in the past and that I have recollections stemming from that hypnosis. Believe the psychiatric services are 'in on it'. Needless to say they disagree. As for persistent delusional disorder? You are right, its just a label.

NWiddi

NWiddi

That's rough, I wouldn't let anyone hypnotise me for any amount of money.

It's a long story but one of my beliefs is that anti-psychotics make you immune to hypnotism.

A

albagobragh

Hi, I'm on aripiprazole depot once a month also - do you feel it works?
I feel a little bit calmer on aripirazole but it doesn't affect what I believe one jot. I also don't get recollections when I'm on anti-psychotics which is evidence for what the psychiatrists believe I suppose. I'd rather not be on it though due to side effects - e.g. tiredness, which they say is unusual for aripirazole - it can have the opposite effect. Does it work for you?

H

Helen73

Not yet. I've only been on it for a couple of months. I guess I need to give it more time. I was on depixol but had too many side effects so they changed it and things have got worse.

O

OCDguy

For me labels are just labels, if the treatment causes a detrimental effect though, in my opinion that's a different matter....

A

albagobragh

Hi and welcome :welcome:

Whats a CTO? :unsure:
A CTO is a Community Treatment Order. On my admissions to hospital I've been a voluntary patient although I got sectioned the last time I was in due to refusing medication. This was on a section 3 which can last upto 6 months. I stayed in hospital for 9 weeks at which point I was released on the CTO. Basically it means I've got to conform to certain conditions - take medication, see a psychiatrist regularly or else I can get recalled straight back into hospital.

More info here ...

Rethink Mental Illness

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
I Introduce Yourself 0
K Introduce Yourself 2
H Introduce Yourself 3
S Introduce Yourself 2
L Introduce Yourself 3