• We have just changed our forum software and are still tweaking things. You can log in using your existing user name and password. If you spot any problems please let us know by posting in the Feedback and suggestions section of the forum.

Watch this short film to find out how to use the new forum!

Hello all

T

Tabby120

I'm new here, wanting to talk with people who can understand me. I'm not new to bipolar disorder though, diagnosed 1996 after years of no one realizing what was wrong.

Sometimes I think I have it mostly together, about the same as most folks, sometimes I feel like I'm hanging by a thread.

I was in good shape for a long time, but US health care system, I lost my job, lost my insurance, ran out of medication, and crawling back from those unmedicated months has been tough. Right now my biggest fear is getting a new doctor, appointment in about 2 weeks, my old doctor is quitting the practice. He was really good, he got me from barely stable to really stable, and then getting me back to stable when life decided I needed trampling on.

My current cocktail is lamotrigine, quetiapine, and lithium. I'm starting to take melatonin on a regular basis because as strange as it sounds I'm starting to have trouble sleeping.

Anyway, hello.

Foxjo

Foxjo

Forum Safety Team
Forum Guide
Hi and welcome to the forum! :welcome:
Glad you have found this place, you should find it helpful and supportive here.
Hugs
Fox

S

Snirexx

Hi I'm new too. I really feel for u. It's shocking that you can't get your medication cos u can't afford it.
Luckily I'm in Ireland and I have been given a medical card which pays for it as I can't. So my heart goes out to you.
I'm only on quetiapine extended release for now and it's mostly good. I hope you start to feel really well asap. Hope you had a good day:)