• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Hello again all!!!

angrydad

angrydad

I have been off the website for some time now as I have been hospitalised. I'm currently at Pendleview secure unit in Blacburn, Ribble ward for anyone who knows it.

I came in some while ago after a major mixed episode where I became very suicidal. I feel a great deal better now but it looks as if I will be here for at least another two weeks.

I'm allowed my laptop now, but I have to hand in the leads at night and so I will be back here more often.

I hope all of you I have been talking to are well and I hope that some will find the time to chat with me.

So, once again, big hello to all

C

coraline1664

Hello again, and welcome back! Sorry you've been having such a hard time recently.

Liz

angrydad

angrydad

Thank You!!

I cannot begin to tell you how important contact with all my friends on MHF is. To have contact with the outside world is fantastic. So thank you Liz, cour reply is extremely important to me.

:hug:

G

ginger

Hello ,good to hear you are on the road to recovery. it must be great to have contact with people on the net again.my Husband and son have a mental Illness and my husband sufers with cronic Depression and has also been in hospital at different times,Its amazing how life is and how the mind reacts to different situations. the internet is a wonderful tool to keep you intouch with people and upto date with the world .It can certainly take yourmind of things . KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK, and get yourself on the move again.All the best and good luck ginger

angrydad

angrydad

Thanks for the kind words. It never ceases to amaze ma how kind and welcoming all you folk are on MHF. Your absolutly right, from my own point of view, contact with people on the outside is priceless. At the moment I am NOT allowed out even accompanied so hearing from the guys and gals on MHF is just wonderful.

Thank you again

G

ginger

Dear Angrydad,life is priceless, you only get one chance you will not let this slip, sometimes I get very depressed about my families health issuses but i say to myself I carnt help anybody feelin this way ,snap out of it I say , some people have different tolerances about certain situations, but you are sounding very positive now how good is that, I have to say you certainly have an unusual member name maybe from now you need to change it to a positive name everything from now is looking up all the best ginger .

M

maudikie

Hi! Angry Dad. This is the first time I have contacted you, but I wish you well, andh ope that you will soone be feeling a lot better and brighter.
I was brought up in Blackburn, but that is many years ago. I went to the High school on Preston Road, and lived above the beautiful park.
I left to go nursing training and have never been bakc, as my parents moved away when I left home. I remember going for walks on the golf course some way behind our house, and the open market, and also the indoor fish market, During the 2nd.World war my Dad who was dentist for the schools was visiting the open air school on the Darwen side of Blackburn, and a German plane came over and started shooting at the school children. My Dad helped them all inside, and nobody was hurt. The park was beautiful, and I remember playing tennis there, and would often walk to school through the park. I wonder if Broad Walk i still there with its beautiful lime trees? And the remembrance garden at the town end.
I hope you will get on well when you are discharged from hospital, and remember that even in these days of hardship there is always better to come. So try to look on the bright side andperhpas join a club of some sort where you will get company, and someone to talk to. Keep taking whatever medication you are prescribed, and keep in touch with the forum.
Best wishes

C

coraline1664

I understand how important contact is too angry dad. I rarely see friends or leave the house at the moment and although of course I'd like to, the no pressure of conversation through the internet with other like-minded people is a livesafer really. I also know what it's like in hospital having everything you do monitored and so much restricted, therefore why chatting to others in so welcomed. Generally I know that talking on the internet shouldn't be a substitute for the real thing, but it really is great when doing otherwise is impossible (like in your situation) or very hard. You get to talk to people you wouldn't be able to otherwise as well!
Best of luck,

Liz

angrydad

angrydad

Thanks to every one who has welcomed me back to the forum. The thing that I feel is most valuable about the MHF is that I am talking to people who have some understanding of what I am going through and who have advice and support to offer based on experience. I am trying hard in the unit to be sociable and make sure that I sit in the comunal areas and that I talk to people at meal times. The only problem there is that some of the people her are very ill and are struggling with there own demons so small talk is often difficult.

I have just had a family visit and that has cheered me up no end! One thing I can say with confidence is that I stand a better chance of becoming more stable if my work here is suplimented by the honest loving care which is so abundant her at MHF.

Once again thank you to all

B

Blondie

Welcome back angrydad.I'm a newbie so haven't 'met' yet.Stay strong hun x

G

ginger

Dear Angry dad good to hear you had a visit from the family , It makes all the differance to your day,When I use to go and see my husband in the secure unit , he was craving for some contact from people who he could have a conversation with , when he was moved to the none secure unit , we use to go for short walks , the grandchilren you to love going to se poppy, I understand some people in there are very sick and when you start to get on the road to recovery , it feels so good to talk to some one .glad to hear you are keeping in contact with this forum , the people here are so understanding and have their own problems they no what its like , keep your chin up you are doing fine Ginger

angrydad

angrydad

Thank you for your kind words. I feel quite positive today and, as a complete surprise, I was allowed to go with a staff nurse outside to the main part of the hospital. Felt strange bing outside but loved it. Some talk of me going home for half a days leave. I'm really hoping this comes of as I have been terribly homesick.

Thanks again for support

G

ginger

Well thats good news,I must say, Is the Hospital very far away from where youl live? I hope the family live near you,it sounds like you are doing well now thats good ,Its amazing how the small and simple things in life mean so much,life is so complicated today , people need to slow down and just think how lucky we are , that we are not in the early depression days . I take life so simple I love my garden and my dog, just to be fairly healthy is a bonus, I try not to complicate my life too much after all we only live once take things easy and all will fall into place all the best Ginger

angrydad

angrydad

Yeah, unfortunatly the hospital is a twenty five mile round trip so it's not close. My family visit every other day.

Your right about simple things! I value things that I previously taken for granted, especially friends and family.

Thanks for your support ginger

A

Asdir

As a new member, we haven't yet met, so I'm just going to say Hi, and hope that today is an ok day for you, that sometime in your day you have a moment better than the last, and that you and i feel welcome here on the forums, a place to sit and rest awhile.