• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Hellish NDEs.

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
My friend had a hellish NDE.

The film Nosso Lar is very good - Based on a best selling book by Cândido Xavier, a psychic - it's charts a realm of purgatory.

Every religion appears to have it's hellish realms & beings.

i think there are what can be described as lower astral/hellish regions.

A lot of the mystics also discuss the void/darkness/nothingness, but different people frame such ideas in different ways.

i feel i've literally been through hell with my past experiences of psychosis.

i think that reality is strange & vast enough to include the hellish as well as heavenly/higher realms, as part of everything that exists. i don't think that the lower realms are places of permanence though. There is heaven & hell on this planet. It's maybe a case of learning through duality until duality is transcended.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

I have been trying to get hold of Nosso Lar. I know the part you mean. He gets stuck in the swamps of mordor at the beginning.

Davey Blueeyes

Davey Blueeyes

You can get the Nosso Lar book free online, hopefully not in portuguese!

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Just to balance it out, I had a somewhat pleasant NDE. :)
I don't doubt people who say they have hellish experiences at all.
But wanted to say that people have nice NDEs too.

I really think that what you expect the experience of dying will be like will be, at least in the beginning, what it becomes (if that makes sense?). x

Kerome

Kerome

She seemed to have done a lot of thinking around her NDE, which was telling her she didn't exist.

I think it's quite dangerous to mix up thinking of Christian hell or purgatory with NDEs. Those are instilled fears, programmed stuff from our waking lives which hijack the imagination and intuition. They distort the real experience. The best way to approach those experiences is with the clarity and simplicity of the Zen beginners mind, or a child mind, and to try and stay as close to that as possible in your memory.

But the brain is a revisionist machine. If you look at research into how memory works, it's rarely truly clear and impartial. It's coloured by all kinds of things. So trying to maintain the Zen beginners mind all the way through is a tough ask. But it's worth the striving. It is the closest you can get to what it truly means to you.

I also think each NDE is quite personal, and in a way the person who has it is responsible for putting an interpretation to it. That persons intuition and soul is the filter for the message of that NDE if you will.

It's a complex area, I think study of NDEs is only just getting started.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

It is interesting. It starts off with a dark experience which improves and there is a familiar story of life review and so on.