• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

HELL

blog15

blog15

our reality is real with, entitys. And has many different residuals. If we do not take it up and make it into something we easilly fall into our own worst enemy. Oftentimes ourselves. Be aware that even entitys are internally aspected. And moresoever. anything we master, has its effect. Being only that we put our minds to something new, our cerebellic uplinks and connects, to gods uplink, and than it expands on what we want life to be. INstead of nonsense.

E

EclipticNight

Today, as I look out of my window, the sun is shining and the birds are singing.

I am about to go for a bike ride. I'm really excited. I love cycling on days like this.

But I know for a fact that as I cycle out of the city I am going to have abuse hurled at me. I am going to be laughed at and I am going to get the kind of hateful, conteptuous stares that could curdle milk.

I could just give up; throw my hands in the air and stay inside for the rest of my life. But I think, No, fuck that. I have as much right as everyone else to be outside enjoying the sun.

Get out there. Enjoy your life. Be prepared to change the way you feel.
The real problem with depression is that enjoying anything or changing how you feel is nearly impossible. Since it cant be turned off at will everything needs to go just right to feel that joy and one wrong step tosses you right down again. Its emotional paralysis, its not that we wont get up, we cant.

Hell has joy. Think about it, if your always down you get used to it, like we do. It's a numbness from overexposure. In order to truly suffer you must experience the best to know just how bad the worst is. Life does this, we have love, joy and physical pleasure only to be denied. I really cant think of a worse hell than that.

Q

quilteddown10

The real problem with depression is that enjoying anything or changing how you feel is nearly impossible. Since it cant be turned off at will everything needs to go just right to feel that joy and one wrong step tosses you right down again. Its emotional paralysis, its not that we wont get up, we cant.

Hell has joy. Think about it, if your always down you get used to it, like we do. It's a numbness from overexposure. In order to truly suffer you must experience the best to know just how bad the worst is. Life does this, we have love, joy and physical pleasure only to be denied. I really cant think of a worse hell than that.
Sure. I get it. A flattening of affect.

Even Hell is feeling, right?

Real Hell is like the dull, featureless grey of an Yves Tanguy landscape.

The (Western) world is a chaotic mess of noise and light. It bombards the soul. God knows I know this.

But, having said that, the human brain is deeply complex organ in constant dynamic relationship with the environment. Emotion - Thought - Perception - World, all linked in a cycle of action and reaction.

Q

quilteddown10

our reality is real with, entitys. And has many different residuals. If we do not take it up and make it into something we easilly fall into our own worst enemy. Oftentimes ourselves. Be aware that even entitys are internally aspected. And moresoever. anything we master, has its effect. Being only that we put our minds to something new, our cerebellic uplinks and connects, to gods uplink, and than it expands on what we want life to be. INstead of nonsense.
I'm sorry, I am struggling to understand this text.

blog15

blog15

I'm sorry, I am struggling to understand this text.
our reality has, alot to do with the exception of ourselves. it involves alot of what we put to focus. Whatever we allow to be new to the mind helps us connect.

Q

quilteddown10

our reality has, alot to do with the exception of ourselves. it involves alot of what we put to focus. Whatever we allow to be new to the mind helps us connect.
Sorry. Still lost.

Capt Hooke

Capt Hooke

No. It's important to remind ourselves that depression is a 'state'. One that is usually, but not always, a transitory state that will come and go again.
The idea that "depression is a state" is debateable, for many years we've been told it's due to chemical imbalance in the brain, and that's debateable too, but there may well be physical aspects of the brain which are involved. It is a fact that the current antidepressants do work for some of the people for some of the time (including me) and I don't think that's entirely placebo effect.

Fact is, no one knows :eek: ... and if they did, they could make mountains of money if they could prevent it.

Wishbone

Wishbone

Depression is absolutely a transitory state, if it wasn't, those that experienced it would never come out of it, it would be permanent, no? I've got a chronic illness that includes depression, but I'm not always in a depression. I'd hazard a guess you were in a similar position.
We don't know the precise reasons for it, that's true. But what you said about antidepressants, or other medications for that matter, is also true in that they work against something to alter it. If you didn't take them you'd still come out of depression it'd probably just take a lot longer.

But piles of money for preventing depression? Oh no. The money lies in keeping something 'treated' not in ridding it from life as we know it; the money pile will soon go that way.

Capt Hooke

Capt Hooke

Depression is absolutely a transitory state,
Alcoholics accept there is no such thing as a "cured" alcoholic. With depression, the severity may be variable, but the underlying condition probably prevails. Just about the only thing neuroscientists can agree on wrt depression is that there is a very high incidence of it running in families, suggesting permanent physical conditions rather than "transient states", which sound more akin "religious" experiences or the effects of hallucinogenic drugs. Of course, we then have to to consider the difference between unhappiness and depression. However, we have gone off the topic of the thread, so we must stop here.

Lone_wanderer

Lone_wanderer

@blog15, meditate for long enough and you begin to realise joy and suffering are two sides of the same coin.

We're demons and angels 10 times a day.

I realised a while back that we all live in heavens and hells that are projections of our mental conditioning onto the fabric of the universe.

J

jsmacks

Is it possible that people with depression have actually died and gone to hell?

I would think if there's a hell, you would know you are in it. That said Earth is probably like hell for many but some are getting mild to light doses while other are getting full on contact.