• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

HELL

Capt Hooke

Capt Hooke

Is it possible that people with depression have actually died and gone to hell?

2Much2Feel

Or are still in it?

Are you OK?

blog15

blog15

not necasarally man. things happen for a reason. everything works itself out eventually, k? everyones a work in progress. > message if needed..

E

EclipticNight

I've often said this is hell. Stuck in a body that knows so many ways to hurt in an indifferent universe with no idea what or if anything is beyond death. Seems like a prison to me.

Q

quilteddown10

I've often said this is hell. Stuck in a body that knows so many ways to hurt in an indifferent universe with no idea what or if anything is beyond death. Seems like a prison to me.
Oh, how we like to scratch at our wounds.

I have a face that provokes reactions like "Wow, you are incredibly ugly. How do you not kill yourself?"

Do you?

I'm guessing not.

Wake up, live life, be prepared to feel joy as well as despair. It's all part of the process.

Q

quilteddown10

Today, as I look out of my window, the sun is shining and the birds are singing.

I am about to go for a bike ride. I'm really excited. I love cycling on days like this.

But I know for a fact that as I cycle out of the city I am going to have abuse hurled at me. I am going to be laughed at and I am going to get the kind of hateful, conteptuous stares that could curdle milk.

I could just give up; throw my hands in the air and stay inside for the rest of my life. But I think, No, fuck that. I have as much right as everyone else to be outside enjoying the sun.

Get out there. Enjoy your life. Be prepared to change the way you feel.

Last edited by a moderator:
kimidare

kimidare

I didn t really believe in religious representation of death.
But I think that if there is paradise and hell, I m reassured to know where I will go... And I would have a friend already in hell to meet again if we believe in religious precepts.

But I m mostly sure that our brain just went off.
That is my opinion, don t feel offended by my vision.

blog15

blog15

Life is life regardless. we reap what we sow. and we have the power to choose joy over stress. Its how we do this that is the, catch. Be mindfull.

MeAndMyDepression

MeAndMyDepression

People with depression haven't died, but they aren't really living either. They're in limbo. Just because a person has depression doesn't necessarily mean they are going to hell.

Capt Hooke

Capt Hooke

Well, having been depressed for about 45 years, I am not really "OK", but I was very careful to avoid Covid!

I didn't say people go to hell because they have had depression.

Suffering depression is really just very, very bad luck. An unfortunate combination of hereditary factors and life experience. Children are born with all kinds of health problems. At the moment of conception, I think that you are given a "hand of cards" and you have to play them. Some do not make it through birth and others live to be 100 years old.

In his book, "Profiles in Courage", John F. Kennedy wrote something along the lines that, "There is little equity in life. In war, some men are killed, some men are injured while other men never leave their homes". Of course, Theodore Sorenson (Kennedy's speech writer) might actually have written that, but that would just prove how inequitable things really are :doh:. Of course, JFK had been given a bad hand of cards.

Wishbone

Wishbone

No. It's important to remind ourselves that depression is a 'state'. One that is usually, but not always, a transitory state that will come and go again. We just need to learn how best to deal with it when it comes along in our own way as each is different to each of us.

I have a face that provokes reactions like "Wow, you are incredibly ugly. How do you not kill yourself?"

Do you?
What self-indulgent bs is this?

But I know for a fact that as I cycle out of the city I am going to have abuse hurled at me. I am going to be laughed at and I am going to get the kind of hateful, conteptuous stares that could curdle milk.
You have an 'ugly' face and this means people that have depression should just get on with things because they obviously don't have it as bad as you because you look a certain way? Is that what you're saying?

Karmaman

Karmaman

@Tawny I wonder too that maybe this my new reincarnation. The karmic results of a previous life.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
What self-indulgent bs is this?

Today, as I look out of my window, the sun is shining and the birds are singing.

I am about to go for a bike ride. I'm really excited. I love cycling on days like this.

I could just give up; throw my hands in the air and stay inside for the rest of my life. But I think, No, fuck that. I have as much right as everyone else to be outside enjoying the sun.

Get out there. Enjoy your life. Be prepared to change the way you feel.
Sunshine, when I was in deep depression, made me feel worse. It was too bright. It reminded me how being ill was causing me to miss out on picnics. I could not even get dressed never mind go out.

Some are lucky enough to have someone to help them get dressed and go for a short walk.

This is good advice to prevent depression for some people.