• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Height Of Tedium

S

sci31A

I was an R&D engineer doing real interesting stuff I got to use my brain regularly:dance:, now I'm doing a job you could train a chimp to do. :low:

I now probably use my brain less than 2% while doing the monotonous everyday tasks in this job. :BLAH:

And a company that tries to demoralise you and make you believe that you have no choice than to do their job and stay at their company. Pathetic.

Most the people who work there are qualificationless and can do no better so probably are stuck there for life. They seem to apply this to everyone that works at the company. :yuck:

Painfully dull and boring. to get through the day either try not to think about what I'm doing because it is the height of tedium............:nod2:

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

That does sound pants. It must be difficult to have gone from an interesting career to what sounds like a menial, uninspiring job.

How long have you worked for your current employer? do you feel stuck there? I'm assuming you've looked elsewhere for jobs.

S

sci31A

Problem is at the moment I am in financial difficulty. In addition to this all the work that is available requires traveling to and is not local. I also don't currently have the additional finances required to travel to distant places for interviews.

I am for the present stuck in this menial job, my mind degradating with each passing day as the task I do require no skill and little thought. I don't use my brain any more.

The most difficult thing about my job is staying focused on the extremely boring tasks, that I really don't want to think about anyway due to the extreme tediousness of each task.

:doh:

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

Do you have a mental health dx. as well?

S

sci31A

Social anxiety disorder & hypersensitivity. But other wise no.

S

sci31A

So frustrated. I feel like I'm getting lobotomised daily.:eek:

I work with people that actually believe the technology is complex. I could scream with frustration:doh: it says a lot about the people who work there. lack of education for one.

On pretty much all the devices they have comprise of same setup. I.e.

key board input that goes to a microcontroller which is then outputted via USB drivers or direct. A optical device that produces an analogue signal that then goes to a ADC (analogue to digital device) that then goes to a multiplexer/driver which then goes to the microcontroller which then relays this info via other serial drivers to USB microcontroller that then outputs the encoded signal. parallel to this you will have a magnetic strip reader that follows the exact same setup. added to this you have some supply line basic types for stability of the 3.3v and 5v lines. One of the micros will operate a bidirectional led. The microcontrollers will feed control signals between each other to ensure correct operation.

Where's the complexity?

There is none.............arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.............:doh:

So basic. I could scream with frustration at the tediousness of it all.

S

sci31A

Make matters worse certain people are trying to demoralise me. If you think it's so easy why don't you repair it when they go faulty.

Why would I want to take on an additional task that I don't get paid for, that I've been told not undertake as it is uneconomical to repair as it is cheaper and more cost effective to just swap the pcb that cost £5-15. I don't get paid over time so No!, and why would I want to do another tedious task that is about as interesting as buttering toast when I'm already drowning in millions of other tedious tasks.

By the way FYI I don't like butter.

S

sci31A

They clearly have not realised they could employee a brainless dimbo to do the job for £7k less.

i.e.

If you paid a unskilled person £18k to do this job they would probably be happy and consider it really interesting.

Are you able to repeat the same process a hundreds of times a day everyday across a range of products and do you have the skill for 'attention' to detail (Admin). A position that requires little or no intellect then this is the job for you.

Toasted Crumpet

Toasted Crumpet

ACCOUNT CLOSED
They clearly have not realised they could employee a brainless dimbo to do the job for £7k less.

i.e.

If you paid a unskilled person £18k to do this job they would probably be happy and consider it really interesting.

Are you able to repeat the same process a hundreds of times a day everyday across a range of products and do you have the skill for 'attention' to detail (Admin). A position that requires little or no intellect then this is the job for you.
It does sound like the job for me, where can I apply?

I am sorry it is so frustrating for you though. It must be very difficult being highly intelligent and skilled and being stuck in a boring pointless job.

I have the opposite problem, I appear on paper intelligent therefore I get stuck in jobs I can't actually do in reality.

S

sci31A

Well I 've started applying for work that is in my field and not the job that feels like I'm being lobotomised on a daily basis.

Well when I hand in my notice I believe they may advertise the job, though the plan I have is to train my colleague up to do my job. He is more than capable that way everyone wins. It's in reading England.

Thanks for the reply.

Oh yeah. That way he will get a pay rise and have a stable job and the company have someone doing the job.

S

sci31A

Oh boy so do I.:LOL:

My brain slowly suffocating on a daily basis by the medial and tedious daily tasks. I'm slowly getting less fluent both verbally and also starting to get sluggish. :doh:

It's frustrating being stuck in in a job you hate doing, that bores the hell out of you makes your mind go numb from the lack of use and repetitive tasks mindless tasks.

A choice between doing this job and being homeless & jobless what choice was there...........:doh:

S

sci31A

Shame about Lenard Nemoy.

I love star trek.