• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Heart Palpitations during and after eating?

S

SianB

Hi, just wondered if anyone else has expierienced heart palpitations during and after eating (200 calorie meal). My heart pounds and it really scares me and makes me feel sick.

Anyone know how to stop it from happening?

Thanks x

M

Mastiff mom

I would definately consult a doctor. Your heart is always to be taken seriously. Good luck and best wishes.

BillFish

BillFish

Hi, just wondered if anyone else has expierienced heart palpitations during and after eating (200 calorie meal). My heart pounds and it really scares me and makes me feel sick.

Anyone know how to stop it from happening?

Thanks x
You don't drink coke or diet coke with your meals, between meals do you? Just asking because it gave me heart palpitations, plus nicotine from smoking.

S

SianB

Hi, no I only drink weak diluted sugar free orange squash. Only happens when I eat a meal xxxxx

B

BAGGPUSS

Hi, no I only drink weak diluted sugar free orange squash. Only happens when I eat a meal xxxxx
Are you in the uk? Maybe you could phone NHS 111 ask them?

I have a really high pulse now and we posted at the same time. Hope your ok..

H

Helena1

Staff Member on Leave
if you are eating a 200 calorie meal and posting in the ed section i am assuming you have a restrictive ed and there is your answer.
the solution to stopping the heart palpitations are to recover from the eating disorder weather on your own or with help.
you could have damaged your heart with the restricting.

i think you should see a doctor as you are having heart problems as something is obviously not right.

S

SianB

Yes I'm in the UK. Well I'm waiting on my referral appointment which is why I'v not rung my GP, I only saw her last wed.

I just wanted to see if this is normal xxxxx

T

tattoogirl

Hiya

It could all be linked to anxiety. I know that I get like that before and after eating, and its anxiety related because your obviously worrying about what your going to eat or how you feel after etc. Theres nothing wrong with getting checked out as people said but it could be anxiety.

Hope that helps alittle