• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Heart health and holistic therapy

• Thread starter 00Bluejay7500 (was Scapes1986)
  • Start date
00Bluejay7500 (was Scapes1986)

Just like music therapy, holistic therapy is often searched for an alternative method of tx. This might not directly be told to you to seek such a tx, but with clarity and confidence I did such a thing. I honestly was scared. I thought of witch doctors and illegal treatments. I am pleased to say it filled my heart with laughter, love and assumsememt. It feels as though I was on a roller coaster ride of positive emotions.

I still haven't crashed.

I'll seek again in the furniture.

mandy125

mandy125

ACCOUNT CLOSED
What is holistic therapy? I've had talking therapy but I'm guessing there not the same

It's for the mind and body. It's for things like alzheimer's and fatigue. Stuff like that. I got mine for heart palpitations. I felt better and decided to be mindful about it in my mental health recovery. It really did wonders for anxiety and tremors associated with palpatations. I once did acupuncture for headaches. It's similar.

mandy125

mandy125

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oh I've had acupuncture for severe back ache it's the weirdest sensation but it done wonders for the pain. I'll look into it some more as I also suffer with fatigue nothing too serious but enough to tamper with my days x

Good luck. I only did a few sessions as it's a strong remedy. It's less talked about then talk therapy and with the crisis it might be hard to find someone. Let me know how the research goes. (Like I said it's less talked about) but I'm looking to get into again.

.hugs and smiles.

mandy125

mandy125

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Well I was referred by my Dr when all of my pain relief stopped working for me so I did the five or six sessions than went back on pain relief I'm also looking for ways to self heal etc with the pandemic x

Acupuncture and holistic? Both are great alternatives. It's just the idea of using something besides medication that is frightening. It seems to heal using perception. Mine gave me a baby doll to help with something, not quite sure what the doll was for. But the herbs and stones and chimes helped. It put this ease in my lower extremities. Almost like a long term anti anxiety. I would not just recommend it, I'll seek again in the future. Thanks

D

Donna147

I believe acupuncture really helps our mind and body become one piece with each other. It's no wonder why acupuncture is one way to relieve stress. Same thing with meditation. Acupuncture is great therapy. I'll recommend you to try it out if you haven't.

Acupuncture I haven’t had in many years... it’s almost like signing up for a tattoo. I’m not scared of needles but I do look every time I get blood drawn. Weird. I’m in physical therapy now for my back and legs. I gained so much weight I’m about to collapse. Must lose another ten pounds by next few months or else. Thanks for reply