• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Heart attack fears

B

Bunglefever2112

So my anxiety has always been pretty general but it's gotten very acute and lately I've been very, very worried about heart attacks.

For weeks, ive had numbness, tingling and pain in my left arm only. A few weeks prior, I had this cut off circulation feeling in both hands but now it's just the left. I've got a constant headache, my face feels tight and numb and I get these dizzy spells that last for hours. Several nights I've had these "fuax heart attacks" as I would call them, where i suddenly get an upset stomach, gas, nausea, then pain and tingling down my entire left arm into my hand, then my feet start sweating an insane amount, then my face gets numb and tingly. Eventually it subsides but what the hell????

I dont have insurance. I'm 31, I great physical shape, I lift weights 4-5x a week, I hike 3-4x a week, I have a physical job, I don't drink or smoke and I eat incredibly healthy. But I'm starting to crack here. Plz halp

Joe57

Joe57

Heart problems usually happen with older people, but can happen to younger people, too……regardless of what shape you’re in. Why not go get checked out at a clinic that serves low income or uninsured people?

B

Bunglefever2112

Heart problems usually happen with older people, but can happen to younger people, too……regardless of what shape you’re in. Why not go get checked out at a clinic that serves low income or uninsured people?
I was going to stop at my local urgent care but the anxiety/dizziness was so bad, I just went home instead, couldn't bear waiting in that lobby for hours feeling this way.

Joe57

Joe57

How do you know that you’d have to wait hours? they tend to prioritize cases, so if you are extremely ill or fainting or whatever they will give you attention faster. I would go now.

a couple years ago I had to go to ER with a dog bite. Seriously ill people came in after me, and were served before me, because they couldn’t wait.

L

Laudanum

The symptoms do sound like anxiety, especially given your profile.

I don't know enough about how the healthcare system works in America. Does everything cost money, even going to A&E?

LoqLamp

LoqLamp

Take a few deep breaths and stick your arms out in front of you. If you can do that likely not a heart attack. Focus on breathing to calm down. Of course if you can’t catch your breath go to the hospital.

B

Bunglefever2112

The symptoms do sound like anxiety, especially given your profile.

I don't know enough about how the healthcare system works in America. Does everything cost money, even going to A&E?
Everything costs money and it's very expensive lol. Even with insurance, the deductible you pay before insurance kicks in only makes insurance worth having if you have a catastrophic event.