• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

hearing voices

J

jekel1

is it a bad sign i hear voices? my doctor thinks i need mood stabilerzers and im waiting for the appointment to see a pyc. i have bad thoughts any way when im up, but i ahve been depressed for two weeks but its changed. it has become mixed . last night when i was layng down i heard some thing close to my head say something , i cant remeber what , its not out loud inthe room just really really loud in my head , not like a thought. it is like a whisper like loads of people talking at the same time then this loud one comes and makes me jump. is that normal? i couldnt tell you if it was real or not. part of me thinks it may be my dad telling me to go to the doctors. he died in 1996, but i have been asking for spritis to come in to my home so maybe? i know all i do is moan on here but i cant talk to any one else at all.

R

rasselas

voices

it's entirely up to you o decide how you wish to own these voices, should they become a regular occurance. my advice is that you should maintain the upper level, ijn the sense that you are chief in comand, so o speak. you may rationalise them in any way which suits you. i wouldnt let anyone tel you otherwise. how could they possibly know? keep a positive angle on them and take something positive from their presence if you can.

on a wider note, I would advise you not to go looking for supernatural experiences. that again is obviously entirely your choice but I sense you aren't entirely at ease with the phenomenon - so why go out your way to bring it on?

take care -- and try and do what's best for you in the longterm, what you think you can cope with.

just a scratch

just a scratch

Hey there..

I cant say i have the same thing, but i have had "a voice" in my head for a while.. although im not sure if it is a voice, or my conscience telling me what to do.. like i have to obey or i will hurt myself (cant believe im admitting this).
Part of me is convinced i am totally mad, and that its all just a load of tosh... kind of like i have watched too much tv and been brainwashed, and part of me knows that actually, it is real and everything i hear is actually there in my head.

However a few nights ago i had had a bad evening and although my husband is incredibly supportive, once we climbed into bed and had a chat i could hear him taunting me. He was telling me to cry, and asking me why i wasnt crying.
As you can imagine i was not very happy and turned to ask him why he was being so mean, but he is adamant he never said a word- and i believe him. He has no reason to lie and never has lied in the 7 years we have been together. Does this mean i'm officially hearing voices too??

I havent experienced the "whispers" you refer to, but i am happy to try helping if you are still looking for a friend to chat with about this.

Just a scratch

:hug:

C

Cameron Vale

Voices

Hi Jekel 1
Camern Vale here again! Have you managed to get a bed in Psychiatric hospital yet? From what you have stated in you reports it is imperative that you go! You must explain these symptoms to your CRISIS TEAM immediately!
It always seems to be when ever you mention this word, "CRISIS TEAM" the break down in the the whole mental health chain breaks down! All I can suggest is that you keep plugging away at your crisis team with regards to yourn bed in hospital.

Cameron Vale

:)

dib4uk

dib4uk

is it a bad sign i hear voices? my doctor thinks i need mood stabilerzers and im waiting for the appointment to see a pyc. i have bad thoughts any way when im up, but i ahve been depressed for two weeks but its changed. it has become mixed . last night when i was layng down i heard some thing close to my head say something , i cant remeber what , its not out loud inthe room just really really loud in my head , not like a thought. it is like a whisper like loads of people talking at the same time then this loud one comes and makes me jump. is that normal? i couldnt tell you if it was real or not. part of me thinks it may be my dad telling me to go to the doctors. he died in 1996, but i have been asking for spritis to come in to my home so maybe? i know all i do is moan on here but i cant talk to any one else at all.
Well hon, its fine it really is, i hear voices very similar to the way you hear them, but mine is muffled and quiet. They are different- well for me- from my own thoughts and my alters thoughts.. its totally different and voices/voice i dont know. It could be many things, it could be yourself telling you that you need help and the only way you can register and recognise this is by telling yourself you need help. It can be lots of different things, and only you know full well what it is.

Oh yes been there and done that thought I was slowly going mad. Some things similar happens to me when i go to bed- but not sleep- the cupboard starts to rattle, sure that I'm imagining it but who knows and creaks. Hence why I think i'm crazy offically lol.

;)

S

swings.and.roundabouts

voices

I've heard voice as long as i can remember, I used to think everybody can. apparently not!
They're ok when you're manic but are a bit of a bitch when you're low.
good luck xxx