• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Hearing Voices

D

ddjaz0

Do you have voices during the day or just at night ? If you have nightmare you can treat that .

O

Outdoorsman39

Do you have voices during the day or just at night ? If you have nightmare you can treat that .
Just at night or when I go to sleep. I don't always have nightmares. They're just really vivid at times.

D

ddjaz0

What are the nightmares about ?

D

ddjaz0

Go to the dream and check it out, hang out in there. Ironically that is power. You are conceiving of something that is an internal strength.

carlita

carlita

I honestly don't know where to go next. Originally I went to a PCP when I was feeling stressed and had some psychical symptoms. This was before the voices had started. They did several medical tests and everything came back normal. I went to an ER on a couple different occasions and they weren't much help at all. Then I had a mental health assessment at a Psych Center and they suggested it could be stress. It was an inpatient facility and they sent me home. I contacted a Psychiatrist online and they said sleep hallucinations are benign. Currently I don't feel like I'm as stressed. Just the disruptive voices are stubborn at times. Maybe it's a type of sleep issue or disorder.
I'd say get a referral or call a neurologist. They can probably do an MRI just in case and assess if it's anything neurological (and the like). PCP isn't specialized in that type of thing (imo) and I've gone to ERs many times and they only help with what they can "detect." If I said I were in danger to myself or others, for instance, they'd just get a police officer to watch me and depending transfer me to the mental health part of the hospital to where you need the doctor to "clear you" if no one will vouch for you.

Also, I would advice don't talk to any doctors online. Always call a medical facility, get resources from the hospital, or make sure the resource person you get online (imo) is part of a office, facility, so have you so you can contact them directly for more information.

I'd be mindful of other symptoms that may be involved, write down your experiences-date and time of day-and try stress relievers.

This is just from my experiences with epilepsy and clinical depression. Everyone is different.

O

Outdoorsman39

I'd say get a referral or call a neurologist. They can probably do an MRI just in case and assess if it's anything neurological (and the like). PCP isn't specialized in that type of thing (imo) and I've gone to ERs many times and they only help with what they can "detect." If I said I were in danger to myself or others, for instance, they'd just get a police officer to watch me and depending transfer me to the mental health part of the hospital to where you need the doctor to "clear you" if no one will vouch for you.

Also, I would advice don't talk to any doctors online. Always call a medical facility, get resources from the hospital, or make sure the resource person you get online (imo) is part of a office, facility, so have you so you can contact them directly for more information.

I'd be mindful of other symptoms that may be involved, write down your experiences-date and time of day-and try stress relievers.

This is just from my experiences with epilepsy and clinical depression. Everyone is different.
I'll have to go to a regular doctor again and get a referral. What are signs of depression? I sometimes feel down.

carlita

carlita

I'll have to go to a regular doctor again and get a referral. What are signs of depression? I sometimes feel down.
Ask your doctor(s) what to do if you feel any symptom in this link. (To add) also, you can call a help/resource phone line or talk to the hospital.

For example, when I had clinical depression I experienced things like difficulty concentrating, restlessness, self-harm, and irritability (not limited to). A bit more things but most are trigger warning types. It really depends on you so talk with a medical professional. I wouldn't feel comfortable giving advice, but I do know that finding the right doctor does really help.

O

Outdoorsman39

I have some of the symptoms of depression. I don't feel like being as social as I used to be. Sometimes I have a restless sleep and anxiety. I still work and stay busy with hobbies though. The online test results vary quite a bit. One said no depression and another said between mild/moderate. I haven't been able to find a good doctor. They usually say you're stressed and take your money.