• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Hearing voices

V

Vegan_veggie

Anyone else out there hearing voices so loud and they don’t come from anyone’s mouth? There’s no volume switch to turn them off and they induce anxiety and mad panick so who is responsible? What’s the fuss all about people? Once I began to think there was a speaker somewhere in my flat transmitting the voice of my old friend from school. She just would not stop talking but her voice came from the sky somewhere. She’s not dead or anything we just don’t talk for real anymore it’s all just in our heads and it’s not just one old it’s atleast a handful. So maybe I’m lucky to have a great team of telepathic friends. At first I thought we fell out because we didn’t talk anymore but then the voices started and so did the telepathic conversations. It’s great when there’s a balanced convo but sometimes there’s this one girl who persists with a thread of loud gabbled babble and I wonder if there’s an emergency or she’s just having a bad dream and I can hear it. Or is she angry with me and deliberately won’t let me stop her. It’s a battle between war and peace. If I don’t retaliate or defend then I feel like I will die but when I do then they retaliate and hurt me back until the energy runs out and no one wins. I’m a friend to vegan and veggies out there. Meat eaters I struggle with. So please be careful 💖

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

yes the voices can be intense. I have lots of stories i could tell. You know, i interview other people with schizophrenia and not many have said that they still hear voices. it was one thing i wanted to do was share notes on the voices. but most say the meds have killed it.

V

Vegan_veggie

Please share some stories about voices. Do you talk to them as well? I talk to my old friends from the past and my family who are all still alive. It’s my happiest times really. It’s just a nightmare when they’re too loud.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

Ok. I used to live in this awesome flat in Bradford when i was working at the hospital. I stopped taking my meds - olanzapine - because i thought i was well. I mean i was not hearing any voices or anything. the thing is, i did not tell the doc, i just did it myself - so i probably was not thinking straight.

So many things happened during that time. But in terms of the voices (started after i stopped the meds) - they were so loud. i would be in my bedroom and i could hear this woman screaming, and she would say 'Sorry' but really so loud. I feel i know who it was.

It felt like someone shouting from outside the window but it was a hallucination.

Actually the only relief i got was going into work. I found that certain places were worse than others, and when i was with people it was usually not so bad. like the voices would get absorbed by them.

Yeah so many things happened in that 12 month period. really crazy stuff while i was off meds.
it was also during this time that my diagnosis got upgraded from psychosis to schizophrenia.

S

squizofrenia123

Olanzapine took away my voices 100 percent. Unfortunately, I gained about 50 pounds on it. So, the doctors took me off it and switched me to ziprasidone which was another nightmare because it gave me anxiety. I also took Clozapine for about a month, but told the doctors I did not want to keep getting blood draws all of the time. So, I finally was switched to Abilify which is effective as long as I take it. I sometimes have some voices that occur occasionally while on it but they go away after a few weeks again as long as I am on Abilify. But, olanzapine was a good medication to get rid of the voices, but not good for my overall health.