• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hearing voices

Kats

Kats

Mine started last 2013. I had delusions of persecution. I thought there were cameras in the house and the government was watching me. I thought my friends were on it too. I thought I was followed everytime I go out and there would be a hub who would talk about it. I became weird and wouldn't go out.
I developed auditory hallucinations I thought was supernatural. I bought a lot of exorcism books becus I would feel some cold air and smoothness brushed against my skin sometimes.
I would hear voices from strangers to family. I thought it was a technology by the illuminati so I read many conspiracy theories that made me weird.

I thought they controlled the weather and have microchips on people.
I went through so much with my illness by myself. My family and friends couldn't understand me. That's why I wanna meet people who are like me and it lightens the burden.
My voices harassed me to do bad things which I ended up doing. I had a lot of trouble becuae of it. The voices were so loud and mean they wouldn't stop. I couldn't sleep because of it. I was alone through the horror of things.
One time I photographed myself I made a stupid caption the voices told me my uncle has a mistress, he spread rumors that I'm suicidal and etc. I wrote it on as photo caption and I tagged my cousin. It was rude and I regret it deeply.

Last edited by a moderator:
NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
Hello Kats, welcome to the forums.

I had delusions of persecution.
My voice said they were a group of people coming to hurt me and my entire family, this was the delusion that got me put in hospital for nine days, I kept my family awake all night once to protect them from these unknown people.

I thought there were cameras in the house and the government is watching me.
I thought here was microphones in my smoke alarms listening into everything I was saying.

I thought I was followed everytime I go out and there would be a hub who would talk about it.
When my voice was playing the Alien game they made me believe I was being followed by invisible spaceships everywhere I went.

I would feel some cold air and smoothness brushed against my skin
My voice seemed to be able to make me hot or cold and do tactile hallucinations where I felt things on my skin.

I would hear voices from strangers to family.
I also had a wide range of people talking to me telepathically, from strangers to family and friends.

The voices were so loud about ww3 I couldn't sleep for days.
Mine were very loud and liked to keep me awake as much as possible, they never wanted their harassment of me to stop. Thankfully my medication prevents this and turns the volume down to a manageable level.

Are you on any medication for yours and do they help?

Kats

Kats

My voice said they were a group of people coming to hurt me and my entire family, this was the delusion that got me put in hospital for nine days, I kept my family awake all night once to protect them from these unknown people.

I thought here was microphones in my smoke alarms listening into everything I was saying.

When my voice was playing the Alien game they made me believe I was being followed by invisible spaceships everywhere I went.

My voice seemed to be able to make me hot or cold and do tactile hallucinations where I felt things on my skin.

I also had a wide range of people talking to me telepathically, from strangers to family and friends.

Mine were very loud and liked to keep me awake as much as possible, they never wanted their harassment of me to stop. Thankfully my medication prevents this and turns the volume down to a manageable level.

Hello. Thank you for replying to my post. I never met someone who fully understood my illness. I couldn't sleep for Mos because I thought there were assassins outside or inside my house. In my stupidity I commented help on Rothschild Instagram because I thought they owned the technology.

Yes I'm under serotia and sutenna. I tried abilify before but it didn't work. I would still hear voices. Yet abilify has bad side effects. It makes my speech slur. I couldn't think properly etc.

I also tried the alien theme as I'd call it. People started to look similar and I thought they were shape shifters.

Kats

Kats

HI I was wondering if this post could be public?

M

Metalman5

Dear Kats

I feel your pain. My auditory hallucinations have tried to trick me too. They also lie and I have had delusions of grandeur. I thought bill gates had secrete cameras in my house and was watching me. I also thought everyone was saying bad things about me in public. Turns out that what I thought I heard them say wasn’t what they were truly saying.

I am on better meds now and barely have auditory hallucinations now.there is a cool song about schizophrenia called demon cleaner by the band Kyuss. Check it if you can.

we are with you, we really hope things improve.

cheers from metalman5!

Mr.NiceGuy

Mr.NiceGuy

Mine started last 2013. I had delusions of persecution. I thought there were cameras in the house and the government was watching me. I thought my friends were on it too. I thought I was followed everytime I go out and there would be a hub who would talk about it. I became weird and wouldn't go out.
I developed auditory hallucinations I thought was supernatural. I bought a lot of exorcism books becus I would feel some cold air and smoothness brushed against my skin sometimes.
I would hear voices from strangers to family. I thought it was a technology by the illuminati so I read many conspiracy theories that made me weird.

I thought they controlled the weather and have microchips on people.
I went through so much with my illness by myself. My family and friends couldn't understand me. That's why I wanna meet people who are like me and it lightens the burden.
My voices harassed me to do bad things which I ended up doing. I had a lot of trouble becuae of it. The voices were so loud and mean they wouldn't stop. I couldn't sleep because of it. I was alone through the horror of things.
One time I photographed myself I made a stupid caption the voices told me my uncle has a mistress, he spread rumors that I'm suicidal and etc. I wrote it on as photo caption and I tagged my cousin. It was rude and I regret it deeply.
That's pretty similar to my story. Technically from 2004-2010 I thought my neighbors were bothering me and during this time I didn't really respond to voices other then get angry in my head. Then in 2011 when I was 28 it changed and I suffered a horrendous depression for 10 months I called the super flu. From 2011 until now I have suffered all the things you mentioned. I did embarassing things in response to voices like get mad at family and friends over what I was hearing voices tell me.

It was a strong belief in telepathy that does it for me. That and the fact that voices continue on and on and there seems to be no answer that satisfies them into stopping.

Kats

Kats

Dear Kats

I feel your pain. My auditory hallucinations have tried to trick me too. They also lie and I have had delusions of grandeur. I thought bill gates had secrete cameras in my house and was watching me. I also thought everyone was saying bad things about me in public. Turns out that what I thought I heard them say wasn’t what they were truly saying.

I am on better meds now and barely have auditory hallucinations now.there is a cool song about schizophrenia called demon cleaner by the band Kyuss. Check it if you can.

we are with you, we really hope things improve.

cheers from metalman5!
Yeah it lies a lot. I thought the Rothschilds were the owner of the super tech. I commented "help" on one of their Instagram acct. I wrote so many embarassing things there. I acted on many of the lies I regret it now. Same. I also thought they were talking about me in public and people knew who I was. At some point it felt like it was really real people outside would nod or smile it would freak me out.

Sure I'll listen to it. I just came from rehab I was there for a Yr. So far the voices has stopped and my meds are working. Before abilify didn't work and olanzapine too. I would still hear voices. While the meds made me dumb slurred and shaky. I was restless. Yet I can't think we'll like a huge block was on my mind. I couldn't work well so quit.

Kats

Kats

That's pretty similar to my story. Technically from 2004-2010 I thought my neighbors were bothering me and during this time I didn't really respond to voices other then get angry in my head. Then in 2011 when I was 28 it changed and I suffered a horrendous depression for 10 months I called the super flu. From 2011 until now I have suffered all the things you mentioned. I did embarassing things in response to voices like get mad at family and friends over what I was hearing voices tell me.

It was a strong belief in telepathy that does it for me. That and the fact that voices continue on and on and there seems to be no answer that satisfies them into stopping.
How was ur depression like? I'm depressed right now. I did so many things I'm so regretful. I just came out of rehab and I'm back to the world. It's different. Because no friend or family cn really understand what it's like to hear voices and do stupid things after.

I also knew someone who thought he had telepathy. I mean that's a right guess esp when someone hears voices

Mr.NiceGuy

Mr.NiceGuy

How was ur depression like? I'm depressed right now. I did so many things I'm so regretful. I just came out of rehab and I'm back to the world. It's different. Because no friend or family cn really understand what it's like to hear voices and do stupid things after.

I also knew someone who thought he had telepathy. I mean that's a right guess esp when someone hears voices
I'm not as messed up now as I've been before but feel like I'm in an oasis with the disorder and it will return. Do you think the voices falsely emotionally misled you about people? That's my problem and I can probably count about 30 or 40 different occasions when I embarrassed myself treating people like dirt, so I share in your pain.

Kats

Kats

I'm not as messed up now as I've been before but feel like I'm in an oasis with the disorder and it will return. Do you think the voices falsely emotionally misled you about people? That's my problem and I can probably count about 30 or 40 different occasions when I embarrassed myself treating people like dirt, so I share in your pain.
Yes purposely misled me. I
Yes it purposely misled me. It told me to do many things I regret. What did you do if you don't mind me asking. It's OK if you won't ans my question.

Kats

Kats

I shouted at my dentist becus the voices said he was conspiring against me. I commented on a politicians daughter becus the voices trucked me saying she's also part of this voice. I asked help from an intll figure becus the voices said he knows about itwhen I thought our president was going to kill me. I told my cousin rude things like ur dad has a mistress. Ure to flamboyant. I might committ suicide if you tell people. They were rude msgs.

I still wallow in pain becus I dunt know how to tell my family. They know I have a problem but never in a way of knowing what I did. Truth be told I think of suicide becus it's hard to live with the consequences esp when the voices can't be heard. If the pandemic was about schizo I think it would lift a heavy weight.

Mr.NiceGuy

Mr.NiceGuy

Yes purposely misled me. I

Yes it purposely misled me. It told me to do many things I regret. What did you do if you don't mind me asking. It's OK if you won't ans my question.
I would yell at people on the phone after I thought they were harrassing me telepathically. Vandalism too. And i use to accuse my father of turning a girl I was in a telepathic relation with for turning her in to the police and having her raped, which is what drove me crazy enough to check into the hospital for the first time. I would get real loud screaming while I drove around at the voices. Not 5 months ago I was running around town with a little fan and its power cord in my mouth thinking I was programming it to belong to me.

Kats

Kats

I would yell at people on the phone after I thought they were harrassing me telepathically. Vandalism too. And i use to accuse my father of turning a girl I was in a telepathic relation with for turning her in to the police and having her raped, which is what drove me crazy enough to check into the hospital for the first time. I would get real loud screaming while I drove around at the voices. Not 5 months ago I was running around town with a little fan and its power cord in my mouth thinking I was programming it to belong to me.
We more or less have the same exp. I used to yell at nothing too and I yelled at 3 family friends. Which reflects badly to my family. At least the cord didn't shock you.
My lunatic reputation got loose and I feel so sad for it. I feel like people are talking about me and how messed up I am.