Hearing voices.

RookieatBest

RookieatBest

Now I'm never going to think of that song in a good way ever again. Very creepy now. lol
I know right! LoL. I'm sorry to disrupt the song. Think happy thoughts about it 😏

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
my dad used to like don camillo that series about that italian priest who hears the voice of god, we were watching a film about him the family and my sister asked my dad he said he's imagining it

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
maybe burt it's a trade off between not been too doped up to work and hearing voices

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

ACCOUNT CLOSED
maybe burt it's a trade off between not been too doped up to work and hearing voices
yeah it is. The weird thing is, is that i am still half thinking about claiming benefits, and being on a high dosage looks good on the ESA 50.

But yeah, I am quite dopey during the day, so will ask for a med reduction. I only get the voices when I come home at night.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
i wouldn't say been on a high dosage looks good to the benefit clarks, symptoms and hospital admissions connected to a lower dosage look better

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I am on 15mg, I would like to work my way down to about 7.5mg.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
it depends on the drug your on 15mg doesn't mean much, i remember when i came to london i was on 25mg depixol this psychiatrist said 25mg don't know why they prescribe it, might as well drink tap water

my then therapist said "why not drink tap water", a breakdown alone and isolated in london wouldn't be pretty to this day

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I am going down to 10mg. In the old days I used to go to work on 5mg. But I did not have the same insight or maturity I have now.

T

Trajal

I've been hearing voices for quite some time. Always covered it up and they didn't used to be intrusive until a few years ago. For me they're always just out of sight, like just outside a window or coming from an air vent or something. I completely understand that they aren't real, and they don't really offend me much anymore. They used to make threats to me but now it's far more conversational. I named one of them Jane when I was detained in a secure mental health facility and she now speaks to me most of the time, rather than me being visited by other voices. Yes it's weird, I understand that, but it's a coping mechanism for me I suppose.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

ACCOUNT CLOSED
It took me a few years to admit it too.

Have you seen the film 'Split' or 'Glass'? James Macavoy does an amazing job.

T

Trajal

No, not heard of those, I don't watch many films - I actually don't even have a tv signal, I just use it to play on the Xbox! I shall take a look.

T

Trajal

Um yeah so I just looked it up.... probably not going to be on my list of films to watch. It's about someone suffering from the same thing I suffer from but he's some kind of crazed killer! I think not!

I hadn't ever even heard of DID until I was diagnosed with it last year, I just knew of multiple personality disorder. Didn't have the faintest realisation that I suffered from it, work was the worst, people actually knew I think but it was always covered up because I was a pretty good rainmaker. It was only when one of my alters decided to resign me from my job that I realised I had a problem.

R

Ramson mash

Have you played the new resident evil 2? It will shit you up thats no lie.

T

Trajal

Heh no, I stick to fallout really. Although the online version is an absolute disaster...

C

Cs1

Well said albie. Stay active until bedtime and wear ear plugs or headphones during sleep.
Yes but headphones hurt my ears so I stopped wearing them at night and ear plugs is not ideal as I was asleep when I was burgled, thankfully I was unharmed it could have been worse or a fire.

C

Cs1

though diagnosed schitzo i claim i don't hear voices at least on meds, i applied for a brent mind hearing voices group the women told my then support worker i wasn't bothered by hearing voices and a no in the group are, think she was worried i'd be a dusruptive influence

camden mind said i could join they're group but would have to pay, they suggested i get personalised payments to pay, meanwhile on planet earth they've closed my case

i guess it depends how you define voices when i asked what the definition was one psychiatrist said you winding me up, he said delusions of reference where say you overhear something and relate it to yoursekf isn't hearing voices, i think thats a difference between american and british psychiatry
How do u define a voice? It’s just a voice that speaks like a person but in your head, that’s my definition. Mine is my niece. She died when she was 5 of leukaemia but it’s weird she has a baby voice and a five year old too. Images of her crying pop in my head too but I don’t put them there, it’s hard to explain. She moans constantly about this little girl who appeared on a sports session I went to. Like it’s a sign I’m going to have a baby girl but I’m single only dating so marriage and a baby is out of the question. Maybe it’s because I’m in my late 30s.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
thats the question how do you define voice, asked a psychiatrist the definition of hearing voices he said you winding me up.

if i can't ignore whats going on around me and someone speaks on the bus, i don't filter it out like normal people, is that hearing voices?

and i experience mental health workers telling me when i mention what i hear on the bus tellling me it's hearing voices

as far as i'm concerned i'm experiencing stigma and mental health workers are covering it up

i find it more useful to take the view what i hear is real, remember when i heard these ex con neighbours talking about me, i thought are i hearing voices, would neighbours i'm friendly with say that? decided if i am hearing voices all the more reason to move, now in retrospect i think it was real

M

Miller77

Hell
thats the question how do you define voice, asked a psychiatrist the definition of hearing voices he said you winding me up.

if i can't ignore whats going on around me and someone speaks on the bus, i don't filter it out like normal people, is that hearing voices?

and i experience mental health workers telling me when i mention what i hear on the bus tellling me it's hearing voices

as far as i'm concerned i'm experiencing stigma and mental health workers are covering it up

i find it more useful to take the view what i hear is real, remember when i heard these ex con neighbours talking about me, i thought are i hearing voices, would neighbours i'm friendly with say that? decided if i am hearing voices all the more reason to move, now in retrospect i think it was real
Hi you are probably gang stalked, there is a lot of information online

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
i wouldn't be surprised i'm targetted as a vulnerable person, bottom of the heirarchy though psychiatrists would probably call that paranoia, i'm sure there is a lot of information about weird theories like gang stalking on line

i'm using the word targetted in memory of this targettted individual in a past mind group, group closed due to cuts, don't know what happened to him