• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Hearing voices

I

iflood007

Hello, I am a student at a university majoring in the study of religion. Although I do not hear voices, I am extremely interested in speaking to someone who does. I have several questions that I would like to ask basic personal questions. If anybody is willing to talk to me, please private message me, so we can talk on AIM or any other forms of instant messenger.

As far as questions go, I would like to ask:

What did the experience start?
What kind of voice: external or internal?
Do you coupe with the voice to have a "normal" lifestyle?
What or who does the voice resemble?
Does the voice belong to a divine being such as God or angels?
Have you had past trauma experiences?
What type of lifestyle do you lead?

That is all I can think of for now. But please, feel free to pm me so we can talk. I would greatly appreciate your help. Thank you!

parker

parker

Hello, I am a student at a university majoring in the study of religion. Although I do not hear voices, I am extremely interested in speaking to someone who does. I have several questions that I would like to ask basic personal questions. If anybody is willing to talk to me, please private message me, so we can talk on AIM or any other forms of instant messenger.

As far as questions go, I would like to ask:

What did the experience start?
What kind of voice: external or internal?
Do you coupe with the voice to have a "normal" lifestyle?
What or who does the voice resemble?
Does the voice belong to a divine being such as God or angels?
Have you had past trauma experiences?
What type of lifestyle do you lead?

That is all I can think of for now. But please, feel free to pm me so we can talk. I would greatly appreciate your help. Thank you!
I've seen this before, how many other forums are you bugging people about this?
Should of checked pm you are what i thought!!!

I

iflood007

I am not bugging people. I am asking questions regarding a phenomenal with a historical link that occurs to thousands of people. I am not here to degrade or judge anyone. This is for my own research to understand hearing voices.

I do not understand how is this bugging anyone? I understand that there are people who want to be private about their lives; therefore, I am not asking for personal information regarding names, location, and such.

I

iflood007

I've seen this before, how many other forums are you bugging people about this?
Should of checked pm you are what i thought!!!
What did you think? You don't know anything about me. Stop judging me just because I asked a question that irked you. If you don't want to help me, then don't. Your behavoir places a negative image on others who hear voices. You should reconsider your actions and be thoughtful before communicating with a human being. I am not a voice in your head, so don't treat me as one.

parker

parker

What did you think? You don't know anything about me. Stop judging me just because I asked a question that irked you. If you don't want to help me, then don't. Your behavoir places a negative image on others who hear voices. You should reconsider your actions and be thoughtful before communicating with a human being. I am not a voice in your head, so don't treat me as one.
Awe here's the guilt part sorry i don't give into this!

R

rabina

Hello,

It's against my better judgement to reply, but I will.

Your last comment about a voice in his head says it all.

You're not interested or concerned about people who hear voices and you proved it with the above statements.

But, you can look thru the posts here for the information you want.

rabina

I

iflood007

Hello,

It's against my better judgement to reply, but I will.

Your last comment about a voice in his head says it all.

You're not interested or concerned about people who hear voices and you proved it with the above statements.

But, you can look thru the posts here for the information you want.

rabina
okay, honesty. just because you hear voices, it does not permit you justify your behavior as an asshole. do you really expect a person who just started learning about this subject 3 months ago to approach with the sensitivity and judgment of a person who has experienced hearing voices his/her whole life? for your information, all i have learned is theory, not actual human interaction. i was hoping to achieve such but i guess thats not happening. therefore, i now understand why there is a proliferation of literature stigmatizing hearing voices.

P

Panzer

okay, honesty. just because you hear voices, it does not permit you justify your behavior as an asshole. do you really expect a person who just started learning about this subject 3 months ago to approach with the sensitivity and judgment of a person who has experienced hearing voices his/her whole life? for your information, all i have learned is theory, not actual human interaction. i was hoping to achieve such but i guess thats not happening. therefore, i now understand why there is a proliferation of literature stigmatizing hearing voices.
If you want to get a positive reaction from people, you have to consider how they will react to anything and everything you say. You seemed courteous enough at first, but are now approaching the subject in an insensitive and inappropriate fashion.

R

rabina

You're studying "religion?"

You're right, you're not sensitive; learn sensitivity and patience first.
People who hear voices are usually very sensitve; put that in your data base and your language is uncalled for.

I

iflood007

If you want to get a positive reaction from people, you have to consider how they will react to anything and everything you say. You seemed courteous enough at first, but are now approaching the subject in an insensitive and inappropriate fashion.
okay. before you guys have a hay day and accuse me of being impolite and such.

for me, this is a project. this is research. my goal is to go beyond the books. I been reading scholar journals about hearing voices such as Walter Ong, Tanya Luhurmann, Leigh Schmidt, and much more. However, all that I am understanding is an impersonal observation made by these authors.

Let me pose this question to you: If you want me to be respectful, courteous, polite, and sensitive about hearing voices, then why do you shun me away as seen with the first comment? In order for me to have a bearing of the issues that are occurring internally in your mind, you have to let me have a sneak peek. Yes, the books I have read indicate that hearing voices can be either a pleasant or terrifying experience. There are emotions that can never be placed into words, but through dialogue with another person which that person can sense.

In addition, it seems as though the members of the forum is attacking me. Is that appropriate?

I would not be attempting to justify myself if I am a bigot and judgmental regarding this subject.

I

iflood007

You're studying "religion?"

You're right, you're not sensitive; learn sensitivity and patience first.
People who hear voices are usually very sensitve; put that in your data base and your language is uncalled for.
No, I am studying the study of religion. I am not becoming a minister or anything related to the Churches. My study's approach is objective and academic. It is not faith based.

And if people who hear voices are sensitive and patience, can you explain the case of Daniel Schreber? He clearly was not sensitive or had patience.

R

rabina

No, I am studying the study of religion. I am not becoming a minister or anything related to the Churches. My study's approach is objective and academic. It is not faith based.

And if people who hear voices are sensitive and patience, can you explain the case of Daniel Schreber? He clearly was not sensitive or had patience.
No, I can't explain this case because I'm not familiar with him.

Search through the posts; it would probably be your best bet at this point.

Good Luck

I

iflood007

No, I can't explain this case because I'm not familiar with him.

Search through the posts; it would probably be your best bet at this point.

Good Luck
I proved my point. Don't generalize people.

R

rabina

What point were you trying to prove?

You asked a series of questions in your first post, you posed no particular points, but you're right, you or anyone shouldn't generalize people.

Learn patience; you can't live without it.