• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hearing voices

M

Meryl

I saw my mental health nurse today I said about me hearing voices and I said to her they were saying everybody is going to kill me and that I barricade my door so nobody can get in all she said was you should be on tablets I said to her the voices in my head say that I should not take any tablets because they are poisoned she asked how my health was I said my breathing was bad and I feel dizzy but she said I should see a doctor but the voices in my head say I have just got to put up with it they control what I think all the time

F

flatz

I only ever talk about the voices if someone asks.

Do the voices in any way have an affect on you?

M

Meryl

Yes the voices have an effect on me how I think how I act

L

LM1974

To Meryl,

I have heard voices for nearly 8 years, but it has taken me a very long time to realise they are complete liars as they are very good at lying. They know what all my weaknesses are and fears, and have used that knowledge to play with me.
It sounds to me your voices are doing the same to you.

V

Viktoria

I can empathise. I feel for you and just wanted to send you massive hugs, I'm sorry I couldn't provide a more meaning full reply. :cheekkiss:

L

LM1974

Also, if someone wanted to kill you, the chances are they would get caught and then have to spend the rest of their lives in prison. Ask yourself how likely are they to throw away their freedom just to hurt you?

D

Deliah

Can you go to a hearing voices group Meryl. Have you seen Eleanor Longdens TED talk and also Rufus Mays website. You need to learn self compassion, mindfulness and dialoguing to help you live well with voices. Things change when you learn how. You need to be sitting in the driving seat, not them. They are thoughts. Tell tem they are safe and that it's ok. It's a good place to start. love D xxxxxxx