• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hearing voices

M

Meryl

I have barricaded my flat so nobody can get into my flat to kill me the voices in my head say everybody is out to kill you and that all your medications have been poisoned

Toasted Crumpet

Toasted Crumpet

ACCOUNT CLOSED
That doesn't sound too good Meryl. Is your social worker/CPN (sorry, forgotten what she is) still doing home visits?

Do they know you're feeling this way? I know you don't really find her helpful but sounds like things are not very good for you atm x

Kerome

Kerome

That's putting it mildly.

Meryl I think you should have a talk with your social worker / cpn or someone else on the CMHT, maybe by phone? You're not in a good state I hope you realise... Not taking meds and barricading your flat is a clear sign you've taken a wrong turn in thinking.

M

Meryl

I have spoken to my cpn about it all she says is I am anxious and hearing voices will go away they have gotten worse the last time I barricaded my house was 4 years ago I have had these voices in my head since then they have gotten worse in the last 8 months and they wonder why I don't tell them anything

M

Meryl

I did not know I had a mental problem then it was later that the doctor made a appointment to see a psychiatrist and he told me I had borderline personality disorder

Toasted Crumpet

Toasted Crumpet

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I think they'd be concerned if they knew you'd barricaded yourself in your flat. If nothing else it's a fire hazard

M

Meryl

I tried telling my cpn about it but all she said was I was anxious and the voices in my head will go away I am seeing her Tuesday if she does not cancel again

M

Meryl

Yes I will remove the barricades to let her in and yes I have enough food and that

coldwater00

coldwater00

I have spoken to my cpn about it all she says is I am anxious and hearing voices will go away they have gotten worse the last time I barricaded my house was 4 years ago I have had these voices in my head since then they have gotten worse in the last 8 months and they wonder why I don't tell them anything
Can you not call an ambulance and they can take you somewhere safe?

M

Meryl

No I can't call an ambulance they would not come out for something like this they will only come out if I was seriously ill which I am not I am just hearing voices in my head saying everybody is out to kill you so barricade yourself in your flat