Hearing voices that aren't clear

D

davjam89

I hear noises coming from the street; and, within those noises I hear voices. I can't work them out! It's like God's voice; or Angels speaking to me. I can't work out what they are saying though. I try to focus on other things; and, I have no success. I hallucinate aswell... I can't relax and haven't had a decent night's sleep for five years now. There was an event that triggered it; but, I can't go into too much detail about that. All I know is that I haven't been able to look after myself for five years now; and, I'm in a great deal of discomfort and sadness for it. I wish that I could hear and see the world like I used to.

wolram

wolram

Sorry to hear your predicament davjam89, I hear voices but they are clear, The voices are not angels or coming from god, they are coming from you, are you on any meds, have you seen a phyc?

All the best Wollie.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
Have you sought any help from your GP?
Hope you feel better soon.
Take care

D

davjam89

Sorry to hear your predicament davjam89, I hear voices but they are clear, The voices are not angels or coming from god, they are coming from you, are you on any meds, have you seen a phyc?

All the best Wollie.
I have seen the doctor; and I am on medication; but, it doesn't touch it. I know deep down that the voices are coming from me; but, it's hard to explain when I can't tell you what exactly they are saying. I find it impossible to relax. My personal hygiene has suffered considerably; and I can't sleep at night because of the weird dreams that I have. I wake up each morning tense; and I hear these things in the sounds from the people on the street... And the traffic etc:-. I find it impossible.

D

davjam89

Hi,
Have you sought any help from your GP?
Hope you feel better soon.
Take care
I'm in contact with a C.P.N. (community Phsychiatric Nurse) at the moment; and she tries to help me with small things like having a shower. The thing is... I can't realax enough to really be able to shower and clean myself properly because it feels as if all my energies are in my head. I've tried explaining this to the G.P.; and, that I just can't seem to think clearly. The voices are constant! The G.P. said that I need to take a part in more activities; but I find this impossible! I genuinely can't relax enough to focus on what I need to. I'm a mess! I've not shaved in atleast a month; and I'm not clean. All I hear is like muffled voices coming from the traffic; and it feels as if my subconscious is filling in the gaps when it comes to hearing people on the Street talking. I have a common theme; and it seems to be that I think of the number/word: "four/for" all the time. I end up reacting to the voices by saying: "all for that"; or: "not for that", (or other similar expressions to that theme); and it doesn't make any sense. It's almost like a nervous nurosis. Like something someone does when they are so nervous they can barely control how they are and what they say.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
We understand here, it's good you've got a CPN. Do you see a psychiatrist regularly?
Take care

boudreauj4

boudreauj4

I think I know what you mean. I say, "you don't understand" all the time and I'm not sure why or who I'm even saying it to. Maybe I'm saying it to the whole world, including the voices in general. I say it more when I am alone than when I'm with people. If you play some music maybe that can give you some relief. I play mine loud sometimes so I don't hear the voices.

wolram

wolram

I'm in contact with a C.P.N. (community Phsychiatric Nurse) at the moment; and she tries to help me with small things like having a shower. The thing is... I can't realax enough to really be able to shower and clean myself properly because it feels as if all my energies are in my head. I've tried explaining this to the G.P.; and, that I just can't seem to think clearly. The voices are constant! The G.P. said that I need to take a part in more activities; but I find this impossible! I genuinely can't relax enough to focus on what I need to. I'm a mess! I've not shaved in atleast a month; and I'm not clean. All I hear is like muffled voices coming from the traffic; and it feels as if my subconscious is filling in the gaps when it comes to hearing people on the Street talking. I have a common theme; and it seems to be that I think of the number/word: "four/for" all the time. I end up reacting to the voices by saying: "all for that"; or: "not for that", (or other similar expressions to that theme); and it doesn't make any sense. It's almost like a nervous nurosis. Like something someone does when they are so nervous they can barely control how they are and what they say.
Sorry you are in such a mess, my voices are constant too and they say filthy things to me, It does not work for me but have you tried loud music preferably with headphones.
Make a real effort to look after your self a phyc will likely put you on some meds that will calm you a bit.

D

davjam89

Sorry you are in such a mess, my voices are constant too and they say filthy things to me, It does not work for me but have you tried loud music preferably with headphones.
Make a real effort to look after your self a phyc will likely put you on some meds that will calm you a bit.
The problem is I can't relax enough to really get into the music. It's like I'm constantly on high-alert, (looking out for danger); and the voice... Well, they are just a result of me being so highly strung all of the time. I tried walking through Town earlier and all I could hear is myself saying: "for this..."; " For that...". It's like I fill in the gaps of what people could be saying about me. The medication doesn't touch it either. I feel like I'm banging my head against a brick wall. I tried explaining this to the Consultant this morning; and they have tried me on various cocktails of meds. None of them have worked so far. I all but know the medication they will put me on in the future won't work. I wish loud music would work. It's just that I feel so tense all of the time!

wolram

wolram

davjam.
what did your phsyc say to you? I know I have been through the full gamut of meds none work for me either, just try doing some thing it does not matter what, just have a shower and shave make your self, then tidy your bed room.
What happens is one gets into a cycle of hearing voices you have to break that cycle some how.

keep posting All the best Wollie.