• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hearing Voices please help

C

calliemarie

Hi there, ever since August 20th I have heard voices in my head. I hear them constantly and I no longer have my own thinking voice. I hear other people's voices in my head whom I have met and it sounds exactly like their thinking voice would sound. In my head, they have told me that they are real people and they can hear my thoughts...but in person people tell me that they have no idea what I'm talking about. I have a drug addiction and have been clean for 3 months, but I took bath salts one night and have been different ever since. I couldn't sleep for 2 weeks and I pulled energy from my next door neighbor's house, then poof the voices in my head appeared as Sophie and Kyle. They are two people who lived next door to me. They claimed to make my telepathic by calling out my name in their head. I don't know if real people can hear my thoughts. I went to a psych ward for 5 weeks and was put on zyprexa, but as far as I know with the voices, nothing has changed. I am not diagnosed as schizophrenic, which I am a little bit surprised by but dr's say I'm not.
Has anybody heard of this or experienced this? What if the voices tell me commands and tell me to hurt myself or other people? Do you think they will ever go away? thanks ahead of time

S

shotme

Welcome.

Some people hear voices for many reasons. including drug induced

OCD/Depression/Anxiety and different types of psychosis, also people who are normal can hear them.

Schizoprenia is just one type of psychosis.

Just because you hear voices does'nt mean you got schizophrenia.

There's also different types of voices.

I remember from a schizophrenic workshop being told that schizophrenics do not hear voices constantly as you have stated.

AliceinWonderland

AliceinWonderland

Admin
:welcome: calliemarie

That sounds hard, hearing voices all the time. I'm not a voice-hearer myself, but many members here are, have a look around, and maybe post in the Hearing Voices section, I'm sure there will be others who can relate, and offer support and advice. Glad you've joined, hope you find it helpful here x

V

Verity

Hi Calliemarie :welcome:

I'm sure that you will receive a lot of support on here :)

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

Things I find helpful:

1. Listening to music
2. Relaxing.
3. Staying indoors
4. Sleeping
5. Eating well

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Welcome to the forum.
I'm sorry I can't give much advice as i've not really been in your position, but there are some good answers here already and i'm sure there are other members who can relate to your experiences.