Hearing voices or thought ? Please help

Y

Yonchew

Hello guys ive been strugling with big anxiety depression and hypohondria for the past 2.5 years ive had many psychical symptoms ive went multiple times to a doctors ive been going off and on Ssri and once drinked antypsychotic for a month becouse big depressive episode Everyone i know and my doctors say im fine that i have only anxiety and i keep telling them i am probl becoming schizophrenic or psychosis for the past 2/3 months ive been hearing random thoughts in my head something i heard only at night before sleep before now its 24/7 i have full time full job i enjoy riding my car and my dirtbike i have social life but i think im losing it actually i think that for the past 1 year . But now its very serious .im afraid theese thoughts will evolve in full voice . I have control over and they are random maybe object or things that hapend not full sentences sometimes a bit scary but i feel it that my subconscious its firing on its own all the time . I go to my psychiatrists every week to seek help (he says im fine just very anxious) i seek help from.my parents they say the same i donk know what to do if someone expirianced the same please help me and share your story. Please im vary scared

pinscher chi

pinscher chi

It sounds like your family and psychiatrist are not taking you seriously. Can you try contacting and talking to a different doctor? Are there any mental health helplines (phone lines) in Bulgaria that you could call?

Amorerose

Amorerose

Are the thoughts images, like from your imagination or are they thoughts with your own voice? Or both?

When I was very anxious and depressed I would have ongoing thoughts repeating at times and I would get very stressed about it too. It was mostly me saying things to myself but it would become almost ocd to keep repeating the same phrase. Good news is once I was more stable, I gained back control of these thoughts and I am not schizophrenic btw.

Also it is very normal to talk to yourself in your head. Sometimes I would argue with myself and tell myself to shutup in my mind. It was all caused by my abuse at the time and from the trauma. It is much better now because I am not as stressed or anxious and I have more control over myself.

Does that sound similar to you?

Y

Yonchew

They are with my own voice in my mind i think sometimes i feel im talking to myself but not quite . Very strange . And about taking me seriously i went to multiple psychiatrists and talk to many people they all say the same.I feel like its only me in this world thinking i am sick. The thing is theese thoughts i have feeling they are evolving every day and becoming voices but who knows i hope im wrong

Amorerose

Amorerose

I'm sorry. Have you thought about trying mediation? It might help give you more clarity about what's going on with your thoughts. See if you can quiet your thoughts for a few minutes and how you feel about it. It will take practice if you cannot do it the first time, just find out if you can make progress with it. It may give you more answers to your concern.

Y

Yonchew

I did but i dont think it will give me answer however i can focus/concentrate and stop my thoughts for a while . Even when the thought/voices accur i can stop them by just not thiking for anything . The thing i want to know is is this thought/voices are a racing brain caused by my depreasion and anxiety or canstant thinking about schizophrenia or they are actual voices and im becoming schizophrenic or psychotic

Amorerose

Amorerose

I'm sorry but I don't know the answer to that. Maybe if you get a new therapist, you can get another opinion and hopefully figure it out. If schizophrenia does not run in your family then I naturally would not assume that. But I am not a therapist and you need more professional opinions. I hope you can ease your concern soon.

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
I think you need to listen to your psychiatrist. He will have listened very carefully to what you have described to him . I think your anxiety and hypochondria is trying to make more of this that’s it actually is. Are you on any medication for your anxiety at the moment because you say your on and off them. You need to keep on them , they will take a couple of months to start showing any real long term benefits.
Everyone has thoughts going on it their heads but you are confusing them with voices which is a totally different thing. Try not to stress out about this it is only your anxiety causing these problems. Keep talking to your psychiatrist and I’m sure as you learn to understand your symptoms they will become less severe.

Y

Yonchew

Thanks for your positive reply , yes at the moment im on Ssri (for about half a year) . I had serious depression before i wasnt going out not doing anything laying in bed all they for about a year now i have social life full time job and i ride cars and dirtbikes as a hobby. When i asked my psychiatrist for diagnosis he told me that i had depression before wich i cured or past and now all is left is my hypochondria and anxiety and he is 100% sure i dont have schizophrenia or bipolar actually everyone else says the same except me . But this thought/voices make me doubt my family and doctors words( i have other anxiety symptoms but i dont think they are any serious to post about)

W

Wounded

If you are functioning well and if your functioning is not mutch worse then before then you probably dont have sch. This illnes is mutch more then random thoughts