• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hearing voices & intrusive thoughts

L

Ladylala

I get intrusive thoughts about sexual stuff with people and things, please don't judge me its part of my illness I have pseudo psychosis.

Voices tell me to harm myself.

They say stuff like "Karla is having a wee" (commentary!)

Does anyone else get this?

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Gredge23

Yes all the friggin time , it's usually my ex partner having sex with other people and she's having the best sex of her life so so so upsetting , and yes voices comment on everything I do , if I fuck something up I will hear laughter and "well done you fuckin moron Graham" which usually leads to "just kill yourself already"

W

Will Graham

Omg me too, none stop running commentry, it took years to realise no one "normal" gets it, sometimes its tell me just leave, tells me im useless, but sometimes its just noise, blinding noise

I

Iforgot

Wow I get this too. It's crazy it makes me depressed though. Cause right now I feel so ugly and out of place in life. I feel worthless. I miss being able to work and socialize and be normal and liked.

L

leighanne

Yep me as well and its so frustrating, I just wish it would go away xx

Boris

Boris

Sounds like two things... low self esteem (not your fault) and beating yourself up over something... come to peace with yourself over what ever it is that is bothering you. Unfortunately the low self esteem needs interaction with others.... maybe you could join some sort of club/activity you have always wanted to do, and gain that missing confidence in yourself :)

L

Lorraine15

Karla

Can I ask is she or he a person or a personality you identify to??

H

Hohners

Sounds exactly the same as my wife Alison gets, a male voice telling her to kill herself really nasty, I have come on here to try and understand she hasn't the confidence to do it herself and she is really struggling at moment and I don't wabt her to go into hospital again I just think it would help her to hear other people's experiences on here she told me today she gets visions of her funeral and this has upset me today,just want her to know she is not alone with these thoughts and voice, I would appreciate any feedback.

L

Lorraine15

Hi

Hi Hohners, has she been stressed lately, how have you been helping her to relax. What hobbies dose she have. Has she been doing anything different(out of the ordinary) visions lead to answers and to invision death means different to the norm its the ending of something in her life. Dont mind me asking how old is she your wife. I was the same mostly groups of voices of different people men and women, I was hospitalised on two occasions I found medication helped and will be on it for the rest of my life, but I found excepting somethings are better than suffering in silence.

Last edited:
H

Hohners

Hi Hohners, has she been stressed lately, how have you been helping her to relax. What hobbies dose she have. Has she been doing anything different(out of the ordinary) visions lead to answers and to invision death means different to the norm its the ending of something in her life. Dont mind me asking how old is she your wife. I was the same mostly groups of voices of different people men and women, I was hospitalised on two occasions I found medication helped and will be on it for the rest of my life, but I found excepting somethings are better than suffering in silence.
Thankyou lorraine Alison is 46 and has a male voice I wish I could get inside her head and rip it out had a setback Xmas eve letter turning her down for pip dla totally wrong and geared towards physical not mental illness but I am taking to tribunal and will fight all the way cos she hasn't got the fight in her, she did go to a group on hearing voices in our are but that closed just wish she could have phone chat with lady with similar issues I think that would really help I try my best but it's hard for me keeping every day things going and I haven't been through it myself

L

Lorraine15

I completely understand, it is hard, my partner didnt know what to do when I became unwell the second time but did really nice things. I was so low at a point and couldnt get out of bed but he came in and said in a nice voice, have a shower you'll feel better, when I was finished he had freshed the hole room with roses and said now sleep. I wasnt sleeping or eating. Just little supporting gestures are the best "the little things".Im here if she would like to talk with me.

H

Hohners

Thank you lorraine I will try and get her to come on here tomorrow much appreciated

L

Lorraine15

Ok Ill wait for message from ye if she wants to talk, take care

Boris

Boris

Is it the ego, or something else... it is said we have two sides to us, the bad and the good... anything negative, like disrespecting, harming yourself, or others is obviously bad. Don't give into those thoughts/commands, but instead go with the good ones. Failing that try relaxing, and letting go of all those negative thoughts. This should also silence/quieten the voices. Hope this helps :)

H

Hohners

Thankyou for advice lorraine Boris and ben