Hearing voices inside my head.

J

Jaydet

Baffled. Is probably the most accurate word right now. :unsure:
Its just not fun, hearing other voices in my head im finding very distressing right now, any coping techniques or anyone with similar experiences?

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
I hear a voice in my mind that's not my own, it's very annoying as my mind is usually quiet. I don't think I've had an internal thought of my own ever since I started ignoring my voice over 2 years ago.

The anti-psychotics work well and reduce the volume of the voice I hear by around 95%.

I cope just fine ignoring him especially since he was talking not only in my mind but in my inner ears aswell so it sounded like someone was in the room with me and he could manipulate frequencies in the air to make a voice, mostly using a fan I use to keep cool in the summer which was very annoying but could also make the vibrations from a washer/dryer and my PC fans make words.

You probably don't feel lucky but you are in some ways.

The way I got medication in the UK without going into hospital again was to contact my local Early Intervention Team and arrange an appointment to see a doctor, your local GP may have more information for you about who to contact.

Take care.

InfiniteRectangles

InfiniteRectangles

I hear 8 voices in my head, each with their own names and personalities. It is exhausting. One thing I do to cope when they get bad is to find something to focus on or distract myself. My go-to distraction is music. I either listen to it or play an instrument. But there are many things you can do to distract yourself from the voices.

Another thing I do when distractions fail is bargain with them. When I have something important to focus on, like a lecture, I bargain with them so they will be quiet long enough for me to listen to the lecture. Basically, I tell them that if you let me do this thing now, I will listen to what you have to say later. It usually works, but it's hard setting aside a time to listen to them.

Medication has never helped me all that much with voices, although it helps other people. So I recommend trying medication if you're having trouble coping. It may or may not work for you, and you may have to try more than one before you find one that works. The most the meds have done for me is reduce the volume of the voices. I still hear all 8 of them, but they are quieter since I've been on medication.

I hope you find something that works for you, whether it's meds or coping skills or both. :hug1:

R

Rebeca1

I hear three voices who are space ghosts, mine really is paranormal, please read how to survive after death in hearing voices forum to find out more about mine it could save your life.
Sorry don't have any coping techniques, I just put up with it,id rather not.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Baffled. Is probably the most accurate word right now. :unsure:
Its just not fun, hearing other voices in my head im finding very distressing right now, any coping techniques or anyone with similar experiences?
Another voice hearer here. It is a strange affliction. I like to see it as living with a wound, a scar that has not healed. For no one can share your pain with you. You are battle scarred and have to encounter the ignorant world.

J

Jaydet

Ive not thought of it like a scar that wont heal, that's a really good view point to look at it from

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Ive not thought of it like a scar that wont heal, that's a really good view point to look at it from
It is an invisible disability, and it is hidden. I like to think it makes us stronger people.

B

BrianHorlicks

It is an invisible disability, and it is hidden. I like to think it makes us stronger people.
Hi, Bert!
I've never seen my voice hearing as something that disabilitates me,
As you know from my posts on here,
Quite the opposite as you know,
I wouldn't be the person I've become now,
Without them,
I wouldn't be here either.

N

natalie

Hi Jaydet,

I had noticed your post, couldn't manage to correspond earlier in the day.

I am on medication for my voices, sometimes jumbled up, muffled, medium to very loud, sometimes large group gatherings which make worse of voices for me to cope with.

Apart fr om medication, now ah, i wonder if I could drop the name of the b rand i am on, maybe not, anyway I am on 25ml, and I normally swear by this dose. Apart from med, I workout in fitness, low impact, salsacise, traditional low impact aeroibcs, soon to be attending zumba gold classes, all help to keep voices down and at bay.

Also, I listen to music, and musicals, and I'll either do knitting, or my cross stitching technique work, at the moment it has been knitting.

I hope this helps. It's good that you have contacted the early intervention team, if the voices persist or get worse however, do contact the crisis team, they might be able to get you to a phsychartry doctor, right away in the same week, with a bit of strong luck.

i do wish you well.