• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hearing voices for last 5 years..

H

Happy89

I saw a psychiatrist and was told I have first rank schizophrenia? Nothing has been officially confirmed
I hear voices on the toilet, next door etc I even thought the neighbors were plotting to film me put it on the internet and sell it on a seedy site! Same voices repeating words for 8 hours long none stop!
Like they are insulting my body saying I look disgusting etc
Literally everywhere saying nasty comments about my appearance. They say is that a woman or man/ transvestite/lesbian/trangender but refer to these words as "ugly" like they are transphobic, homophobic etc I haven't got anything against any of these terms! As a woman i'm a Big supporter of the LGBT community I have gay friends, met and worked with many nice transgender people and lesbians so naturally I got so angry I screamed and said i'm sticking up for them leave them alone! They often insult me and think calling me hideous is funny. They even discuss what I am doing at that very moment e.g. i'm on the computer. I'm just trying to figure out what the heck this is!?!

L

linus

Well it is psychosis and if it’s cronic then it might be schizophrenia (if you match additional symptoms that a psychatrist can evaluate). Did you get any meds until now?
Regarding the voices since you hear them for 5 years already, I guess you already have a coping mecanism. These are your raw thoughts and it doesn’t mean that as a person you consider them to be true, is just like noise passing through, it won’t affect you more than you pay attention to them. Do you have other symptoms?

L

linus

And btw we all are conflictual within, sometime we hold on to an opposite opinion on a subject that otherwise we consider it like a principle for us. For example I have gay friends, I accept them as they are and sometimes I even imagine what would it mean to have sex with some of them although I am hetero (And these thoughts just popup..), other times I think it would be better if we would fight homosexuality.. so imagine how conflictual this is. And this is extended to major subjects about one’s internal moral compass, etc.

H

Happy89

I can't have the blinds open at home feel like people are watching..I'm not too sure as I still don't know much about schizophrenia. I can't remember tasks so much that people think i'm never listening or ignoring instructions and struggle to remember long digit codes. Hence why I can't keep a job at all! I have to re-read everything and write everything down. Everyone thinks I'm not with it. Have you suffered with psychosis? I've been on waiting list to see an intervention team to give me meds haven't heard back from anyone yet since

L

linus

I only reached this forum because my son has psychosis and as a carer I had to educate myself and I wanted to hear from others. Challenge these delusions as much as possible and start with some help from the meds.

Mr.NiceGuy

Mr.NiceGuy

I saw a psychiatrist and was told I have first rank schizophrenia? Nothing has been officially confirmed
I hear voices on the toilet, next door etc I even thought the neighbors were plotting to film me put it on the internet and sell it on a seedy site! Same voices repeating words for 8 hours long none stop!
Like they are insulting my body saying I look disgusting etc
Literally everywhere saying nasty comments about my appearance. They say is that a woman or man/ transvestite/lesbian/trangender but refer to these words as "ugly" like they are transphobic, homophobic etc I haven't got anything against any of these terms! As a woman i'm a Big supporter of the LGBT community I have gay friends, met and worked with many nice transgender people and lesbians so naturally I got so angry I screamed and said i'm sticking up for them leave them alone! They often insult me and think calling me hideous is funny. They even discuss what I am doing at that very moment e.g. i'm on the computer. I'm just trying to figure out what the heck this is!?!
Master immitating the voices. Learning to control and create voices through ghost hunting
After that once you start hearing a voice you can pretend to be that voice and make it say whatever you want for example sometimes I'll say something to them like "you are a complete dumbass that doesn't know anything, just let your silence mean concurrence." usually there quiet after that.

T

Thelma27

I rarely hear voices that I don't recognise but I believe the voices we hear could somehow be our own voice e.g once I slept for a very long time and then I open my eyes and saw my dead grandpa bless his beautiful soul asking me to get up and have something to eat just a thought I am always trying to figure out why I hear voices I am just grateful that the voices does not threaten me in anyway have u tried finding something to do that will distract you from hearing the voices