• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Hearing voices experience help guys

C

cranialdamage

I was walking down the trail today and as soon as I step out my door the thoughts race, when I got to the trail I started walking and non stop my mind will begin to talk to me. like talking all inside my head with someone who is not even there, I was walking alone for example telling my brother oh I bought this shirt it was 20 dollars but then I got 50 percent off and the guy who sold it to me said blah blah blah, and then I saw this guy at the supermarket blah. blah and then my mind will begin to go on random access memory and start hearing things that people have told me in the past, plus hearing the voice in my head imagining them saying oh he is really not ok he must have done some kind of meth last time we saw him he was really not ok. its like a whole bunch of people memories are living in my mind and my mind is not mine it feels like its a place where all of these people I know live and my own voice starts chattering with the memories of what they have said, may say in the future or mean things they will never say. But its like my mind is in conflict with something that dosent even exist. its also trivial and racing thoughts as well as annoying repetitive thoughts like everyday when I wake up, my mind immediately starts rehashing yesterday like what my family said what I saw in the internet and im not sure what else but it never stops racing. Every single time I get in the shower I cant relax and my mind won't stop talking. I deal with this all day every day for years. Please I didn't come here for someone to tell me talk to your doctor or psychologist are helpful or none of this. I have been in therapy year and have tried countless medicines.
I just want to know if anybody has similar experiences.
like if you hear voices frequently or throughout the day at certain points?
and if you guys have racing thoughts all day?
is your mind ever quiet?
Maybe if anything helps you? like staring at the computer all day surfing web helps me a lot if not id be crazy and wanna die.

mostly I just wanna know if there is anyone out there who literally has no peace of mind.

O

Orangeade

I was walking down the trail today and as soon as I step out my door the thoughts race, when I got to the trail I started walking and non stop my mind will begin to talk to me. like talking all inside my head with someone who is not even there, I was walking alone for example telling my brother oh I bought this shirt it was 20 dollars but then I got 50 percent off and the guy who sold it to me said blah blah blah, and then I saw this guy at the supermarket blah. blah and then my mind will begin to go on random access memory and start hearing things that people have told me in the past, plus hearing the voice in my head imagining them saying oh he is really not ok he must have done some kind of meth last time we saw him he was really not ok. its like a whole bunch of people memories are living in my mind and my mind is not mine it feels like its a place where all of these people I know live and my own voice starts chattering with the memories of what they have said, may say in the future or mean things they will never say. But its like my mind is in conflict with something that dosent even exist. its also trivial and racing thoughts as well as annoying repetitive thoughts like everyday when I wake up, my mind immediately starts rehashing yesterday like what my family said what I saw in the internet and im not sure what else but it never stops racing. Every single time I get in the shower I cant relax and my mind won't stop talking. I deal with this all day every day for years. Please I didn't come here for someone to tell me talk to your doctor or psychologist are helpful or none of this. I have been in therapy year and have tried countless medicines.
I just want to know if anybody has similar experiences.
like if you hear voices frequently or throughout the day at certain points?
and if you guys have racing thoughts all day?
is your mind ever quiet?
Maybe if anything helps you? like staring at the computer all day surfing web helps me a lot if not id be crazy and wanna die.

mostly I just wanna know if there is anyone out there who literally has no peace of mind.
I hope we can provide some help to you! Sending love x

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
I have no peace of mind, the voice I hear which is internal speaks almost all day long and it will read every word I see for me. I haven't verbalised a single thought in my own mind ever since I started taking antipsychotics back in September of 2016 as there's simply no space for any.

My mind used to race with what I believed were my own thoughts but after studying this voice I hear I believe it was able to speak on my 'channel' of thought whereas now thanks to the antipsychotics it can no longer do that. It feels completely separate from me now and on its very own channel.

My beliefs about the origins of this voice are that we as humans come in pairs, two minds sharing the one body, I read a book where the author believes this too and he claims that a small group of neurologists back in the 1960's did experiments and came to the same conclusion, the results of those experiments suggested to them that our consciousness resides in the left hemisphere of the brain and this second consciousness resides in the right.

O

Orangeade

I have no peace of mind, the voice I hear which is internal speaks almost all day long and it will read every word I see for me. I haven't verbalised a single thought in my own mind ever since I started taking antipsychotics back in September of 2016 as there's simply no space for any.

My mind used to race with what I believed were my own thoughts but after studying this voice I hear I believe it was able to speak on my 'channel' of thought whereas now thanks to the antipsychotics it can no longer do that. It feels completely separate from me now and on its very own channel.

My beliefs about the origins of this voice are that we as humans come in pairs, two minds sharing the one body, I read a book where the author believes this too and he claims that a small group of neurologists back in the 1960's did experiments and came to the same conclusion, the results of those experiments suggested to them that our consciousness resides in the left hemisphere of the brain and this second consciousness resides in the right.
Thats very interesting what you say about the left and the right hemisphere of your brain. I feel like there could be some truth to that

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
After I became aware of this theory I began looking at humans and psychology in a new way, applying what I believe I've learned about my constant companion I see them everywhere now, even in my family and friends but more so in many mental health conditions I read about on these very forums.

I think it explains why around 10% of all people have had some kind of unexplained voice or sound hearing experience. Most seem to me to be content with being a backseat passenger while our mind does the driving, I think most of them are afraid to come forward because of the stigma attached to being a voice hearer, I believe once this changes then more will announce themselves and become an integral and overt part of our lives and in my opinion humanity will be better off for it.

O

Orangeade

After I became aware of this theory I began looking at humans and psychology in a new way, applying what I believe I've learned about my constant companion I see them everywhere now, even in my family and friends but more so in many mental health conditions I read about on these very forums.

I think it explains why around 10% of all people have had some kind of unexplained voice or sound hearing experience. Most seem to me to be content with being a backseat passenger while our mind does the driving, I think most of them are afraid to come forward because of the stigma attached to being a voice hearer, I believe once this changes then more will announce themselves and become an integral and overt part of our lives and in my opinion humanity will be better off for it.
Thats a very eloquent way of putting it. Very interested to see if anyone else comes forward !