• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Hearing voices even on medication??

R

RiverWolfe

Hi,

Does anyone else hear voices whilst on medication?

I had my meds changed from Rispiridone to Abilify and have started hearing voices on a daily basis, i do all of the stuff i'm suppose to like ignoring them and not acting on it when it happends but it doesnt stop it from happening.

I suppose i have sort of got used to it, especially when food shopping.

I wear headphones when out and about and have the stereo on when at home untill late night then i put th et.v. on but the t.v. has started swearing alot lately, i know i'm hearing voices when it happends but it is off putting.

I have told my cpn about it and she said meds only allieviate the symptoms not make them go away.

Guess i just need to know i'm not alone with this.

Thanks

River

S

schizolanza

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Never mind your CPN.If you're hearing voices on Abilify it should be possible to get your meds changed to something else.Why were you taken off rispiridone?

Last edited:
R

RiverWolfe

Because of the weight gain.

River

S

schizolanza

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I've got the same problem with my olanzapine.Gained 5 stone in 2 years.I'm going to ask my PDOC for some seroquel instead.

D

dlzoidberg

I'm on 20mg of olanzapine every night, and still have prolonged psychotic episodes. Pretty used to it though, after 15 years. :p

R

RiverWolfe

I think over the past 8 years i have tried most of the meds but so far the Abilify seems to be the best.

Just wish i didnt hear voices everyday, still i suppose hearing them everyday makes me get used to it.

Hope you are all well

River

keepsafe

keepsafe

I am on abilify and yes I am hearing voices still - but I feel better on this than the respiridone, because of this I have a meds review though next week.

R

RiverWolfe

Thanks for your reply, its helpfull to know someone else still hears voices on abilify. I prefere abilify to rispiridone as it tackles the negative symptoms which rispiridone didnt do.

Thanks again

River

M

mld

I only hear voices on Abilify when I am under stress or if I haven't taken enough. I'm on 25mg each morning and it's just about keeping the voices quiet. But if i forget a few days together then i start getting thoughts and voices which are no good!

dib4uk

dib4uk

I still hear voices and the muffled sounds that they send to me, but, before I was scared of them- still am but at least being on Abilify my cupboard in my bedroom has stopped growning.

Yes growning.

My psych asked me this week what sort of voices do i hear- so i told him.

Mine in my head- which is for the most part male, I hear my alters, and then i hear the others which are muffled.

I was diganosed with personality disorder, and dissociation identity disoder and being treated for cyclothymia, but i recon they're gonna shove somehting else onto the list as well.

:D

D

diddypinks

ACCOUNT CLOSED
yes i hear voices even ith medication i was told that antiphycotics cant treat the illness it just REDUCES ITS SYMPTOMS.

R

RiverWolfe

Sorry havent been on this site for ages, i told my doc i was still hallucinating and hearing voices and since havent heard or seen a single thing.

There is alot to be said for telling the doc's and not keeping it all to yourself!!

River

*vics*

*vics*

i hear vocies which still sometimes scare me but its a case of getting used to it the medication supposedly takes the vocies away but in my case and many others it dont it jus reduces them and i cant see me coming off the medication any time soon been living with it since i wer 15 n now im 24 so yeah there was a time where i coudnt stand thm and the visions too v prominate and in some way destroying my life altho after my recent addimission to pshyc ward for five n a half month ive learned to deal with the vocies and visions ... voices by listening to music 24/7 thru my earphones and visions by trying to focus on something else easier said thn done i know but i jus thought id lend some support

take care all

love always

vics

xoxox

R

RiverWolfe

I didnt say anything to the doctor for so long as i thought it was just a case of getting used to it.

I wear headphones whenever i go out or have the stereo on at home, so there is never silence.

I agree with you the headphones are brillient, i'm starting to take them out now and then but they are there for when i need them.

Hope you are well

River

M

mad as a hatter

i,m the same i use my earphones a lot listen 2 music in the house