• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hearing Voices - Auditory Command Hallucinations

W

Westlake

Hello. I have suffered hearing voices and frequently feel compelled to act upon the orders I receive :- like contact a friend by text, email a certain friend, phone them etc and explain how you are feeling . I dont want to worry my friends but the voice occurs when I am very anxious and doesnt stop until I do contact somebody like my friends.

Does anyone else hear voices and feel you have to obey ?

SarahD

SarahD

Hi Westlake

Welcome to the forum. There are several members who post about voice hearing, so I am sure you can find someone with relevant experience.

Have you seen the Hearing Voices forum? It has a lot of useful information.

http://www.mentalhealthforum.net/forum/forum99.html

I do hear voices but they don't usually tell me what to do, though I did have one who used to give me advice. They mostly hassle me and criticise me at the moment.

Hope you enjoy the forum and find it helpful.

Best wishes, Sarah

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Welcome to the forum. :hi:
SarahD's suggestion of browsing the Hearing Voices sub-forum here may be helpful to you, as there are many members here who struggle with hearing voices, so you're certainly not alone.

Mark_01

Mark_01

Hello, Westlake, welcome to the forum. I use to hear voices in the form of a conversation that I couldn't understand just outside my door, then there were the critical ones that I could understand. The voices have stopped since I've been on medication, but they occasionally come back, not often. Again, welcome to the forum, Westlake.