• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hearing something else?

S

SandAndStars

Do you ever hear other sounds, as music or movement, any type of noise that other people in the room Dont?
Music hearing wspecially?

Finite

Finite

I tend to hear the lyrics from songs more than the actual music, if that makes sense.

S

SandAndStars

Like in separate with no music?
I hear music with lyrics but not the Kind I would normally listen to, thats why I think it is about the lyrics not the type of music.
It happened not a lot, but always had a great impression on me.
Also once I heard a guitar being tuned.
Maybe people who are really into music experience it?

Finite

Finite

Like in separate with no music?
No I do hear the music as well, but I don't tend to hear music on its own without lyrics. It's usually only bits of the music and lyrics I hear and rarely a whole song.

Do you hear music you've never heard before or don't recall hearing before?

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
My voice loves to sing, the tunes, the lyrics, all of it.

He rarely knows a song in full so he'll sing the bits he knows over and over again and sometimes a bit of the instrumental parts, when he gets a song is his head he can go for days.

His ability to mimic the voices of singers and instruments was one of the reasons I started to believe I was dealing with one voice instead of many.

EdEd

EdEd

Yea , I also have the occasional issue of the music I'm thinking of being repeated , sometimes it's my fault and sometimes it just sticks and go on and on for alittle.

S

SandAndStars

Thats really interesting to hear. ☺
For me when it happens, i doesnt feel as any of the voices had anything to do with it. It feels as if someone in the other room, or street turned the stereo on always being a song I never heard(or at least never remember I heard)
But there was one song that felt as if I hear it but definately not around me, as it was other place.
I ask that, because voices are constant for me, and music thing quite rate (but more real) as if makes sense

Thanks for the reply ☺

LadyDomino

LadyDomino

I frequently have music with lyrics, just the lyrics don't belong the that peice of music. Its usually only 3 or 4 lines long, repeated over and over.

Not sure how (if) this compares to ear worms.

S

SandAndStars

☺ Is it something you like, does it remind you of good stuff?
For me is like a suprise but usually Neutral feelings. Like that music hearing better than voices for sure 😂

LadyDomino

LadyDomino

it was music i used to like - now i've heard it so often, i hate it

S

SandAndStars

Sort of like putting your favorite song on alarm. Gets bad 😕☺