Hearing negative voices

P

Paranoid011

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hi,

I have been experiencing horrible voices for the last four years. Like 'We are laughing at you and there's nothing you can do about it', where spying on you' and s***, and a recent voice saying 'that's what you get for posting online sluuuut. Pretty much voices making out i'm a slut when i'm not. I thought i was seeing a teenager outside my work laughing at me but i think i'm just seeing things that aren't really there. I have social anxiety which has also gotten worse since i got schizophria.

I have told my husband, my family and some friends about my mental health so they know why i react in public or social family gatherings and are supporting me. I have a dog for company at work and home and am seeing a doctor to talk about these voices and how i'm feeling.

Don't here the voices too much now which i'm glad.

Hearing negative voices most of the time can be really annoying so anyone going through what i'm going through i hope you eventually get peace from these voices like i'm starting to.:)

Sorry for writing a long post.

calypso

calypso

Admin
Hiya and :welcome: to the forum. I can relate to your post and have had negative voices in the past. Thankfully with the right medication they disappeared but I realise that not everyone has a positive reaction to medication. I came to the conclusion with me that it was like obsessive thoughts which I was getting and that I could talk back to them. This lead to them getting less frequent and less destructive. But when i am in the throws of them, I don't have this insight so completely.

I am glad that you are feeling much better about them.

T

Twokiwisandabanana

If you look on the intevoice website
They run support groups for voice hearers
It's not therapy based just you can just talk about your experiences with other people who are going through the same thing sending a :hug1: the negative voices are horrible sending you a :hug1:

R

rachelangelo

Thanks for sharing. A lot of people need to hear a something positive. The fact that you're getting better through help is very encouraging. I hope that you continue to move forward. Keep hope!

F

fattymeat

Four years man that sucks. I'm so glad you're finally getting relief! My voices called me a slut too.