Hearing knocking

D

danniegirl

Hi,
I have bipolar type 2 and am being treated for it. I suffered with post natal psychosis too. When I'm low I have voices bother me..
Anyway, recently when I have been alone (baby napping) I start hearing knocking at the kitchen window... At first I thought it was my grandmother coming to visit me... So I opened the door expecting to see her, but no one was there!! And it keeps happening... I got so scared that I locked the doors.

I don't really know what I'm asking but is this "normal"?

My paranoia has picked up again and I'm locking and checking all doors and windows at the moment..
Last night we had a phone call at mid night from a withheld number who didn't say anything and it completely freaked me out

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

Forum Guide
hey
sorry this is going on
xx
with held numbers freak me too
please tell your doctor this is going on
its awfully stressful and too big to try manage on your own
xx
please post here when you need our support
a huge hug to you
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

RoboJam

RoboJam

Highly normal when you are undergoing psychosis. For reassurance, it's not real. I've always heard constant knocking and running up and down the steps. And I would look outside to see what it is and nothing. I'm on medications and it helps some, not fully. Every now and then I jump into relapse. When I am not experiencing my relapses, I don't hear knocking or foot steps. It's not paranormal or anything like that. It's just your mind.

D

danniegirl

I am able to go on normal-ish life...my mood has been dropping drastically.. i am on seroquel and currently starting treatment of lamotrigine and am increasing it every 2 weeks. I'm still hearing the knocking...and at night when in bed i am sure i can hear people in the garden but am paralysed and can't move...
should i speak to my doc about it? or is it normal? confused

Mister.B

Mister.B

I hear all sorts.

I heard a clown car once.
I hear phones quite often.
I hear voices.
I heard a man die once. That wasn't very nice.

It is just your brain not woken up though. :)

D

danniegirl

I'm still getting this. I forgot to bring it up with my gp today though!! My memory is awful. She seemed concerned with how I was feeling.