• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Hearing creepy voices

B

Blue_726

I’ve started hearing things that I don’t think are real. It’s only happened a couple times in the last few weeks. It started off as some sort of whispering sounds, as if someone was whispering and breathing beside me but i couldn’t make out what they were saying.
This morning I heard it again, this time I could hear it saying my name over and over again and saying other things, which i couldn’t really make out. It didn’t sound like a normal voice, there was something creepy about it. I’m not exactly sure how to explain it. It’s pretty unsettling as im alone whenever it happens.

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

welcome here ,im sorry you are finding this distressing ,i would to in your situation ,i agree you need to speak to your doctor about this x lots of hugs x Lu x

B

Blue_726

Have you spoken to your doctor about it?
No not yet. I wasn’t sure if this was something to bring up as it’s only happened a couple times. I was worried I would just be wasting their time. I think I’ll make an appointment soon though

B

Blue_726

welcome here ,im sorry you are finding this distressing ,i would to in your situation ,i agree you need to speak to your doctor about this x lots of hugs x Lu x
Yeah, I’ve realised I should talk to my doctor about this, I’m making an appointment soon

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
No not yet. I wasn’t sure if this was something to bring up as it’s only happened a couple times. I was worried I would just be wasting their time. I think I’ll make an appointment soon though
There is no harm in talking to someone about it, and then at least someone else can give you feedback, someone who knows what is serious and what is not as serious right now.