hearing and seeing voices

M

mtran88

i have been hearing the voices for 3 years and just recently 1 1/2 years been seeing visions i belive the voices and visions are coming from my friend steven i try to talk back to him but he will not stop i dont know what to do i have talked to a doctor and recived medication for it but it still wont stop i have to see another doctor i also try to contact him but it still wont stop.... is there any advice for my situation it is very hard to work and live my vision also gets very blurry and i can not see straight at times it is in my head in cars in birds and in the atmosphere i dont kno what to do ...

*autumn*

*autumn*

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Welcome to the forum mtran88, stay around, I hope someone will be able to help you shortly. x

S

Scribbles92

i have been hearing the voices for 3 years and just recently 1 1/2 years been seeing visions i belive the voices and visions are coming from my friend steven i try to talk back to him but he will not stop i dont know what to do i have talked to a doctor and recived medication for it but it still wont stop i have to see another doctor i also try to contact him but it still wont stop.... is there any advice for my situation it is very hard to work and live my vision also gets very blurry and i can not see straight at times it is in my head in cars in birds and in the atmosphere i dont kno what to do ...
Hello there, I know this is a bit of an obvious one but have you tried a change in medication? Is Steven real?Perhaps seeing your friend Steven and explaining you experiences will help the visions go away?

I have battled from hearing voices, but not for as long as you, what medication are you on? Are you supported by the Early Intervention Service? If not you can self refer, Care team provisions have been invaluable to me and I would highly recommend them. There are a number of options for treatment, including psychotherapy treatments, such as CBT, EMDR, PTSEC or perhaps even hypnotherapy might work.

The other option is to perhaps change you current medication to something that works better. I would say my experiences with the right medication have become less 'strong' as it were, but they havent disappeared. I find it helps to have a 'buffer thought' if you find the visions and voices distressing. Thinking about a word really hard, for me it tends to be the names of people that have helped me.

I feel for you having had you're experiences so long, and I hope you find the answers you are looking for. I hope that my post is helpful in some way. If I can help in anyway please reply to this threat or PM me. Its all too easy to think you are alone, when the reality is alot of people are experiencing exactly what you are going through. I wish you all the best! xxx

M

mtran88

scribles92 the medication is for hearing voices from my doctor in vietnam i am now seeing a doctor in canada and hopefully they will prescribe me with new ones. yes steven is real he has seem to opened a gatew3ay for other voices to come though its nery annoying and the worst part is i cant get my hands on him unless i do it in real life but he is in jail .

S

Scribbles92

scribles92 the medication is for hearing voices from my doctor in vietnam i am now seeing a doctor in canada and hopefully they will prescribe me with new ones. yes steven is real he has seem to opened a gatew3ay for other voices to come though its nery annoying and the worst part is i cant get my hands on him unless i do it in real life but he is in jail .
Well fingers crossed you get on with this new medication better and the voices and visions will become less persistent. But otherwise maybe perhaps try alternatives like psychotherapies? Yes, when I heard voices first it was my housemates voices, then ones that were familiar to me. Ahhh that makes the situation tricky, was he close? Is that perhaps why you have visions and voices of him?

M

mtran88

yes he was closwe and i think that is why too but now there is no end to it and it has gotten out of hand hopefully god will be able to help me

S

Scribbles92

yes he was closwe and i think that is why too but now there is no end to it and it has gotten out of hand hopefully god will be able to help me
Well there is always hope! Just sometimes, these voices and visions get the better of us, Perhaps seeing him even if he is in prison might help. I'm sorry these experiences are effecting you so much, I hope that things start to settle down for you. Im a firm believer that time heals everything, sometimes we just get so caught up in it it takes more time than usual!